Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remove Certain Categories From Featured Products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Certain Categories From Featured Products?

Hello, is there a way that I can disable a certain category from showing up on my featured product listing on the homepage? Reason being is I have cheaper items that dont look as "flashy" that I dont want users' seeing while visiting the site for the first time. I still want the products in my inventory, just not listed under Featured Products on the homepage.

Well since we are talking about featured Products, how can I add an image above the area that says "Featured Products" on the homepage?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Nothing? :(

Comment

Here's how I see it:
      You have 3 choices for which products you would like to display on your home page
      1. You can pick the same, static products to display every time
      2. You can let 3dCart randomly choose which items will display from a group of products you choose
      3. You can let 3dCart randomly choose from all products in your store.

To my knowledge, I don't think you can choose by category which products will or will not show as a home special. For what you are trying to achieve, you will probably have to use option #1 or #2. I could be wrong though!

Here iss the PDF for Home Special and Related Items Guide:
      https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...nloaditemid=75

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
        Here's how I see it:
        You have 3 choices for which products you would like to display on your home page
        1. You can pick the same, static products to display every time
        2. You can let 3dCart randomly choose which items will display from a group of products you choose
        3. You can let 3dCart randomly choose from all products in your store.

To my knowledge, I don't think you can choose by category which products will or will not show as a home special. For what you are trying to achieve, you will probably have to use option #1 or #2. I could be wrong though!

Here iss the PDF for Home Special and Related Items Guide:
        https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...nloaditemid=75

Barry, how can i do option 1 or 2?

Comment

blahzay,
          To be honest, the link to the PDF (listed above) explains it better than I can! The beginning of the PDF may seem a bit "off target" but as you read through it (to the part that says: You have 3 choices for which products you would like to display on your home page ..., you should get a better understanding.

Keep in mind that some of the options require settings in different sections of the software (it's all explained in the PDF). Hope this better explains it.

Link to PDF: https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...nloaditemid=75
          Last edited by Barry; 05-02-2011, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Wow! Cant believe I missed that bro. Thanks for posting it again. Ill check it out.

Comment

Working...
            X