Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to: Category "Add to Cart" button go to product listing, NOT cart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HFabrics
    replied
    It's a year later and this post is STILL helpful! Thank you Go Live! =)

Leave a comment:

• creativepaw
    replied
    I'm Google legit, David! lol I think Google was unable to verify me because, despite adding the code to the Frame, my Home page is the landing page I created. So a little bulb went off, I added the code in the landing page and voila - I'm verified! So very kind of you to provide the code! Big hugs!!

Leave a comment:

• InsnWizard
    replied
    I don't know where you put the code but it's not showing up on the site. It goes in this cluster in the frame template. You do know you have to trigger the validation from Google. It won't keep looking unless you tell it. You also have to tell Google your using a meta tag. It finds meta's easier.

Here's where to put the code.
    <head>
    <meta name="msvalidate.01" content="Your Code goes here" />
    Goes after the head tag and before below.

<!--START: FRAME_RSSFEEDS-->

Leave a comment:

• creativepaw
    replied
    Thanks for the link, David! Unfortunately the program I used to make the Home page (Swish), pulls keywords; so I need to go back and manually add them - but I ALWAYS forget to do that! Thanks for the reminder and the link - most useful. Just finished the newest version so will add them. Thank you so very much!

I'm still unverified with Google, and used the meta tag AND uploaded the html google file to my root directory. Shouldn't the Google verification code be placed before the </head> tag vs the </body> tag?

Leave a comment:

• InsnWizard
    replied
    Thanks, it's no big deal.

Just noticed this. Work on your store keywords. Single nouns are meaningless in most cases.
    Ex: 2011, all, always, blah blah.

Use phrases or specific single words. Use Google's keyword generator to see similar and searched for words. You can also put in phrases to see how they rank in searches. People do search on phrases to limit the results they get.

https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeti...AS#search.none

Leave a comment:

• creativepaw
    replied
    Thanks, David! You rock - going to give it try now :) And thank you most especially - The set up of your website has been truly inspirational since our requirements are quite similar!

Leave a comment:

• InsnWizard
    replied
    It goes in the frame template before the </body> close tag.

Leave a comment:

• creativepaw
    replied
    Indeed, Gigaherz! The forum folks are most helpful and have considerable knowledge and depth!

I actually visited David's website and saw that he had 'volvusion' and added it to my site.

Still having problems getting Google to verify - I FTP'd the file into the web and assets folder, provided a meta tag in the frame and in the left banner - still no go - will keep trying.

Leave a comment:

• gigahertz6
    replied
    Originally posted by creativepaw View Post
    Ohhhh my face could split from smiling!!! Thank you so very much for all of your help David, GoLive and GigaHerz6!!! You folks are awesome and all of your help has done it!!

Big hugs!! Now it's off to change the colors, etc :)

Love the live chats on your sites - are they 3D cart widgets?

Lisa
    the Uncommon Pet
    Hi Lisa,

everyone here is extremely helpful and I am grateful to be part of this community - welcome to it.

Not sure about the other sites you referenced, but the chat on my site is a plugin from 3dcart. They offer a one time fee to purchase or a monthly rate for the chat.

Leave a comment:

• creativepaw
    replied
    Ohhhh my face could split from smiling!!! Thank you so very much for all of your help David, GoLive and GigaHerz6!!! You folks are awesome and all of your help has done it!!

Big hugs!! Now it's off to change the colors, etc :)

Love the live chats on your sites - are they 3D cart widgets?

Lisa
    the Uncommon Pet

Leave a comment:

• gigahertz6
    replied
    Originally posted by creativepaw View Post
    I hate to bother you folks, but I tried to change the code to direct the button to the product preview page in lieu of checkout as indicated above, but NOW clicking doesn't take one anywhere AND adds the item to the cart. Could someone please help?

Incidentally, the site is still in the design phase and I plan revising the black buttons and remove the "Add to Cart" with "View Details".

Thank you so very much in advance.

The site's here: the Uncommon Pet
    Creativepaw,

for the products on your homepage, you have to edit the home.html template (settings>design>template editor>home.html). Use the code that Go Live was kind enough to provide on the previous page of this thread. It worked perfectly for me. I can't say that the instructions in the knowledge base are accurate or not (some of them are outdated, as I have found out the hard way).

I am in the middle of a site redesign.

Welcome to macdimms.com - 1

Good luck!
    Last edited by gigahertz6; 08-19-2011, 02:39 PM. Reason: forgot info

Leave a comment:

• InsnWizard
    replied
    Once it's added to all of the pages it should work. Don't forget to clear you store cache once in a while.

Leave a comment:

• creativepaw
    replied
    Ohhhh! It's working on the "Birthday Card" Category page!!!! Just need to get it on ALL of them :)

Leave a comment:

• creativepaw
    replied
    How wonderful of you to offer, David! Thanks so much. I uploaded another template & will revise, but that DARN ADD TO CART issue continues, as I merely remain on the category page and the item populates the cart! May I send you the code via PM? I am seriously going to be bald by the end of the day, as I'm pulling my hair out! More coffee, pahlease :)

Hugs!!
    Lisa
    the Uncommon Pet

Leave a comment:

• InsnWizard
    replied
    Site looks like it's working now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X