Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brassandsilver
    replied
    No problem. You don't need to do anything with the code to turn off the RSS feeds. Just go to Settings>General>Store Settings, and in the Main Store Settings section there is a checkbox to disable the feeds.

Hope that lowers your bandwidth usage a bit!

Leave a comment:

• 3dcristywisty
    replied
    Thanks Brass. I am going back thru and compressing my images to make them smaller, but since I sell clothing I need to make sure the detail is clear so I cant compress them as small as many people recommend (5k).

I will look into whoopra again... I signed up awhile ago, but I never got around to installing.

I dont use RSS feeds --- should I just remove all of that code from the header? I thought the code was necessary to pull the categories and things like that over to the frame???

Thanks for your help!

Leave a comment:

• brassandsilver
    replied
    Hi. First, the 3dCart stats used to be accurate. Several months ago 3d changed the way they track visitors stating that they had to do this because of a problem with the Live Chat system. Since then, the 3d stats are completely inaccurate. There are some old threads about that issue. At that time, we began using Woopra and Woopra chat instead of the 3d chat system and the 3d stats. That will give you a live look at visitors on your site, and gives an amazing amount of valuable data. I highly recommend that.

I don't know about checking bandwidth using Google, but if you have the advanced stats through 3d you can get more data there. Those reports will show you what is using your bandwidth.

One thing you might check - if you are not using RSS feeds actively, you might try disabling that. RSS feeds can use a lot of bandwidth, and if you don't have an active group of subscribers then disabling that can save you some BW. Also make sure your image sizes are not too large.Things like that can make a difference.

Leave a comment:

• 3dcristywisty
    replied
    Originally posted by kem View Post
    I was told that when the store was built, the BW would drop. Now, I'm concerned about using the admin section. What if working on my store drives up BW? That seems odd to me. And, like you , we have the same inconsistencies in visitors. We're running out of BW far too early in the month. We've only one level to go to buy the BW. If this becomes a pattern, not sure what we'll do.
    I was told the same thing. I have been finished with my site for over 30 days and have extrememly limited my access to the admin section to keep my BW down. Last month I was out of BW with 1 week to go -- this month looks like I am going to run out before week 2 is over??

According to 3d cart I am up to 34 visitors with 267 hits. According to Google I have had 429 visitors with over 4200 hits? I am concerned that if they are not accuratly tracking visitors, how are they accurately tracking BW?

When reviewing my stats -- 3d shows my largest BW usage date so far this month was on 5/3/2011 with 1,212.00. According to Google I had the most hits on 5/6 with 76 visitors and 967 page views and only 61 hits with 865 page views on 5/3/2011 ??? I am so confused! :confused:

Does anyone know how to check your bandwith usage using google -- is it even possible? I would like to see if it matches the usage 3d cart shows.

Thanks ~ Cristy

Leave a comment:

• kem
    replied
    Originally posted by 3dcristywisty View Post
    We are 1 week into the month and I have already used close to 1/2 of my alotted BW??? When I look at my 3d cart stats I show only 28 visitors (which seems really low) since 5/1. I have been careful to not leave my program up and running. I only open to print invoices or change stock then log off. I dont have alot of abandonded high value carts -- usually just 1 or 2 items ... I have had 9 so far this month. I dont have the other stat program so I cant figure out "what" is using all of the BW.

Called TS and he suggested that I look at my google stats. According to google I have had 328 unique visitors since 5/1??? How is it possible that they are SOOOOOO far off from what 3d shows? TS also said that I could check my BW via google... is that true? If so, how do I do that?

Thanks ~ Cristy
    I was told that when the store was built, the BW would drop. Now, I'm concerned about using the admin section. What if working on my store drives up BW? That seems odd to me. And, like you , we have the same inconsistencies in visitors. We're running out of BW far too early in the month. We've only one level to go to buy the BW. If this becomes a pattern, not sure what we'll do.

Leave a comment:

• 3dcristywisty
    started a topic Bandwith Question (another one)

Bandwith Question (another one)

We are 1 week into the month and I have already used close to 1/2 of my alotted BW??? When I look at my 3d cart stats I show only 28 visitors (which seems really low) since 5/1. I have been careful to not leave my program up and running. I only open to print invoices or change stock then log off. I dont have alot of abandonded high value carts -- usually just 1 or 2 items ... I have had 9 so far this month. I dont have the other stat program so I cant figure out "what" is using all of the BW.

Called TS and he suggested that I look at my google stats. According to google I have had 328 unique visitors since 5/1??? How is it possible that they are SOOOOOO far off from what 3d shows? TS also said that I could check my BW via google... is that true? If so, how do I do that?

Thanks ~ Cristy
Working...
X