Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook app question

We use our own app for facebook.
    Just wondering, do you only get one page of products with the 3dcart app?
    Clayton
    Go Live Industries

Hello GoLive

In answer to your question; our Facebook App allows you to display your products on your Facebook Business page, but yes, you are limited to just the one page of products.

Our app essentially works as a feed display similar to an RSS feed - albeit with the ability to add a header and footer and some basic design customizations. With the app, you can link to either your home special products, on sale items, a specific category of products or individual items as needed. But as I mentioned it is just the one page of displayed products.

You mention that you use your own app for your Facebook store. If I may ask, was this an app you designed yourself or something that is available for others to use? I only ask because if it's something that is widely available then I'd love to try it out! :D

Comment

3dCartHenry

Thanks so much for a calm precise explanation. I now totally understand. where the facebook app is coming from.

We have done away with our overpriced newsletter program and replaced it with the 3dcart one. (works great! thanks for thinking of us and bringing this into the application) To use a 3rd party to send 100,000 emails is way out there.

Back to the facebook app (we are using a 3rdparty app for $250 a month. Mind you we have over 400 Categories four levels deep and have wishlist enabled on facebook)

We are happy with the app but always looking to cut corners should other apps prove to be worthy.

This may be a good time to mention that when creating a feed from 3dcart for our facebook app we were not able to use the following field: Categories as it returns the same result as top_Category so we had to burn another custom_field to match our categories for facebook.

I will PM you our facebook app details.
      Clayton
      Go Live Industries

Comment

Working...
      X