sloooooooow email?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sloooooooow email?

It's been driving me nuts - my last place my mail was, my email was pretty instantaneous. Now, with 3dcart for mail, it's about 8-10 minutes for my email at the least. Is there anyway I can fix this? Even with the email originating from the cart is a little bit slower than the rest so I usually get payment notification long before I know what I even sold.

Email slows/stalls completely for us sporadically. Definitely call tech support and let them know - they have been able to help us with this same issue in the past, but it does seem to keep happening. The email system is one of the few things we don't much like with 3dcart.
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

We don't use 3dCart's email system whatsoever. Back when we had our previous cart, there were email problems, so we moved our domain email records to Google Apps. Never looked back. Their email is incredibly reliable and the service is free. When we moved over to 3dCart, we just kept our email where it already was and continue to operate problem-free.

Comment

Regularly have problems with the emails through 3d being slow. Today is another one of those days..

Comment

Email is sporadically timing out yesterday and today.
          David
          David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Yea, it's been slow from day one for us...chronically takes 8-20 minutes for a known email to finally show up.

Comment

Yeah it has been hanging more than I like and taking it's time. I need to contact support and find out what they need so I can use my GoDaddy domain email. Their email rocks. Once in a geat while it will time out for a time or two but it works great and the emails are really quick.
              David
              David's Gifts and Things

Comment

Google Apps. Its free.

Comment

So is my GoDaddy email. It comes with my domain.
                  David
                  David's Gifts and Things

Comment

Quote from Piaf:
                    we moved our domain email records to Google Apps. Never looked back. Their email is incredibly reliable and the service is free.
                    Maybe I missed something, but when I looked into it, the email in Apps was 50 some dollars per!! Not that that's a lot, but I couldn't find anything other than GMail (free) which I already use for a test email account. I ask becuase I'd like to look into Google Apps for email if it can do what I need. And by the sound of things here, 3D's email client isn't very fast or reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by InsnWizard View Post
                      So is my GoDaddy email. It comes with my domain.
                      Hmmm .... never looked into them. We have 3 domains with GD so this could be another option. Going over there now to take a better look ....

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                        Quote from Piaf:

Maybe I missed something, but when I looked into it, the email in Apps was 50 some dollars per!! Not that that's a lot, but I couldn't find anything other than GMail (free) which I already use for a test email account. I ask because I'd like to look into Google Apps for email if it can do what I need. And by the sound of things here, 3D's email client isn't very fast or reliable.
                        GoDaddy paid email is far less a year. You get 1gb mailbox. I pay for that one on my other domain that I push to my live domain so no one could get the name. I also use it as a back-up email account for supplier emails. I have the auto-responder turned on for the store email accounts. The suppliers hate that thing but the customers like getting an acknowledgement.
                        David
                        David's Gifts and Things

Comment

http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/group/index.html

my logic. Google 'does' email and the uptime and apps integration is awesome. it syncs with the blackerry, pop3, outlook, webmail, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                            Quote from Piaf:

Maybe I missed something, but when I looked into it, the email in Apps was 50 some dollars per!! Not that that's a lot, but I couldn't find anything other than GMail (free) which I already use for a test email account. I ask becuase I'd like to look into Google Apps for email if it can do what I need. And by the sound of things here, 3D's email client isn't very fast or reliable.
                            Here's the link: http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/group/index.html

It's Gmail using your domain name, so you're not using a @gmail.com email address and it looks more professional with your own domain name attached to it. I use the Google Apps freebie version for 3 of my domains and have all emails within those domains running through that service. Love it. :)

Comment

Oh yeah, and I use the IMAP version of their email, so all email is synched between all devices. IMAP took some time to get used to it in the beginning, but now we love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X