How to use a different email source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use a different email source?

We would like to use a different email server. Is this possible?
    We would guesstimate that close to 50% of our store emails are marked as SPAM and we would like to avoid this. Many of our customers claim to never receive our emails, and, when they do, they are marked as SPAM, so, a lot of our customers don't know to check their SPAM or Junk mail folders.
    Thanks in advance.
    www.concession-supply.com

what service are you using for email now? Did you modify the email notice to your customers from the stock email sent out by 3dcart?
    jeff
    http://www.canadianghosthuntersupplies.ca

Comment

Originally posted by concession-supply.com View Post
      We would like to use a different email server. Is this possible?
      We would guesstimate that close to 50% of our store emails are marked as SPAM and we would like to avoid this. Many of our customers claim to never receive our emails, and, when they do, they are marked as SPAM, so, a lot of our customers don't know to check their SPAM or Junk mail folders.
      Thanks in advance.
      You have some settings wrong I have never experinced any of these issue and I use default email via outlook express. I would suggest posting your settings so ppl can compare to tell you if yours are different in any way. If that does not work then contact support.
      Jimmy

Comment

concession-supply,

So we aren't the only ones with this problem. I would guess 80 percent of our customers claim they never get our emails sent through 3dcart system. Of course if I send an email to myself it comes through just fine.

I don't know the answer to this problem. The strange thing is that when the customer emails us they always get our email responses. So why our emails don't get delivered when we initiate the emails I can't figure out.

We have gone to using another email account outside of 3dcart. This helps us in a couple of ways. Emails get delivered and bandwidth is not wasted on emails that never get delivered.

Ken

Comment

On our other site we used to get a lot of bounce backs and going into the spam folder. We kept outlook on both our sites to each sites incoming server settings but use our yahoo out going server settings now to send from those addresses and it fixed it.

no problems here either as far as I know.

Comment

You can have 3dcart route your e-mail though google apps (basically gmail for business) but I don't know if that includes the automatic e-mails from 3dcart or if those still go through the 3dcart servers.

One thing I would suggest is putting in a support ticket about the issue and see if 3dcart can help. I have had issues with underliverable e-mails to comcast / roadrunner addresses and it looks like 3dcart is finally on top of that issue but only because I (and other users) kept putting in support tickets when it happened.
            Nathan
            www.YourCableStore.com

Comment

You can have 3dcart route your e-mail though google apps (basically gmail for business) but I don't know if that includes the automatic e-mails from 3dcart or if those still go through the 3dcart servers.
              Yea, that's basically what were doing though yahoo. Not sure how the google apps works but the auto gens are coming straight from 3d for us.

Comment

If you set up your domain's email records to use Google Apps (for the incoming and outgoing servers), then all email going out using that domain's email address will be done through Google Apps. So, for example, once the MX records for "sampledomain.com" are switched over to Google Apps, then when you send out an email from [email protected], or an email from [email protected], both of them will use the Google Apps outgoing server. All incoming email addressed to that domain will also be handled by Google Apps (which means you can use the Gmail interface to retrieve mail, or a program like Outlook, and you can also use IMAP settings). We now use Google Apps for every domain we have that generates email (3 domains so far) and it works really nicely.

Comment

The link to both the free and paid version of Google Apps is here:

Google Apps helps groups build communities ? Google Apps

Comment

I would seriously recommend concentrating your marketing efforts on Facebook and Twitter. It is the new age of marketing in my opinion and I do not see it going anywhere any time soon.

Comment

MX Records and DNS records

Where do we access the DNS records for 3dcart if we purchased our domain somewhere else? I would like to use gmail but when I pointed my domain to the 3dcart name servers it changed my email to theirs automatically. I would LOVE to go back to gmail.

Comment

Originally posted by englhard View Post
                        Where do we access the DNS records for 3dcart if we purchased our domain somewhere else? I would like to use gmail but when I pointed my domain to the 3dcart name servers it changed my email to theirs automatically. I would LOVE to go back to gmail.
                        Just contact 3dcart support an they will change your MX records to point your email to your gmail account. Mine seems to work fine.
                        Marsha,

Comment

If you dont want 3dcart to control your DNS records use Home | CloudFlare | The web performance & security company. Then you can make all the changes you want anytime you want.

Keep in mind that if you want ssl you will have to pay 20 bucks a month, but because it saves our bandwidth by half (using cloudflare) we are able to save more then $20 a month using a lower tear of 3dcart.
                          Last edited by NMTEACO; 10-03-2012, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X