1 Page Checkout VS Multi Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Page Checkout VS Multi Page

Hello, Im debating on whats best One page checkout or mulit page checkout. I was wondering what works best?
    Thanks
    Kathleen
    www.bikerbabesleathers.com
    www.theleatheroutpost.com
    Please "like" us on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bik...rs/95860340129

We do not use one page checkout because it has a bug.
    <rant>I have let support and 3dcart admins know regarding this, but usability fixes (on both admin and customer sides) do not seem to be high on the development list from my short time at 3dcart.
    Don't take me wrong, I love 3dcart the more I use it, I just wish more little annoying things get fixed.</rant>

If you have an existing customer, one page checkout will not let them checkout without signing in. Experienced shoppers can deal with this, lots of my customers are web novices and would get confused and abandon.
    the multi-page checkout does not have this issue, and an existing customer can checkout with or without signing in.
    I believe this one little issue makes one-page checkout un-usable.

Comment

Are you sure? can someone confirm this, you can't do guest checkout with one page checkout?

Comment

You can do guest checkout, but only if you have never created an account previously.
        Once you create an account, you are no longer able to checkout without signing in.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
          We do not use one page checkout because it has a bug.
          <rant>I have let support and 3dcart admins know regarding this, but usability fixes (on both admin and customer sides) do not seem to be high on the development list from my short time at 3dcart.
          Don't take me wrong, I love 3dcart the more I use it, I just wish more little annoying things get fixed.</rant>

If you have an existing customer, one page checkout will not let them checkout without signing in. Experienced shoppers can deal with this, lots of my customers are web novices and would get confused and abandon.
          the multi-page checkout does not have this issue, and an existing customer can checkout with or without signing in.
          I believe this one little issue makes one-page checkout un-usable.
          I agree 100%. From our intial testing, the 1 page checkout was more of a hassle than good.
          Last edited by Barry; 05-26-2011, 04:46 PM.

Comment

I keep hearing about not being able to checkout with the same email if you registered at one point.

I also find this on the multi as well, in my template set anyway.

Is this still the case or an old fable?

Maybe we should share code for those trying to get past this.
            Clayton
            Go Live Industries

Comment

I have tested this extensively because I really wanted to use the One Page Checkout until my dreams were crushed :(
              In Multi Page Checkout you can checkout anonymously if you have an existing account whereas it is not possible in One Page Checkout.

Comment

Can you elaborate a little more on the details of this issue?

Comment

Also, I'm pretty sure you need to have multi page checkout if you want to offer the option of shipping insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by QuirkyBaby View Post
                    Also, I'm pretty sure you need to have multi page checkout if you want to offer the option of shipping insurance.
                    Shipping insurance is good for the sending of
                    • items of personal interest (an expensive gift for a friend)
                    • You insure for your own protection against the carrier

To offer insurance to your customer just makes you look like if it breaks to bad.

Bottom line you are responsible for said item to arrive in tact insured or not.

If you are not sending out very expensive items that you don't plan to insure as a seller, then I really think it is best to say that all orders are insured (self insured) since your going to resend or refund the order anyway. Might as well look good on your policy page for the masses.

Thought I'd share my perspective anyway for those that are unsured.:rolleyes:
                    Clayton
                    Go Live Industries

Comment

In addition to the 'anonymous checkout' issue I've been able to get totally lost on the one page when testing it and not following the proper path and deciding to make a change in the middle. If I can mess up checking out customers will certainly do so and leave.
                      I went back to multi page, did some minor changes and we are getting much better results

Comment

Thanks mondo Ive also switched to multi page. Your right it is definitely less confusing!:)
                        Kathleen
                        www.bikerbabesleathers.com
                        www.theleatheroutpost.com
                        Please "like" us on Facebook
                        http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bik...rs/95860340129

Comment

OK now that were all on the same page.

The text in the steps is probably the first thing you will want to change.
                          This can be done in:
                          settings>design>store languages
                          checkout steps
                          These can be renamed or you can place an image for each step.

Rock on!
                          Clayton
                          Go Live Industries

Comment

I should mention that although not a good idea but if you where to use the checkout questions, step 2 would be the place to do that.

If you use Google Analytics you can set up a Goal Funnel for the checkout process.
                            Clayton
                            Go Live Industries

Comment

We just got through spending a bunch of time and cash redesigning the one page checkout from the ground up -- let me know if you are interested in it, or have feedback on it. You can see it at Cross Pen, Cross Pen Sets, Free Personalized Pen Engraving

We tried to make it much simpler for customers... however a few things were limited by 3dcarts restrictions.
                              Ray

Giftpens.com
                              AT Cross Personalized Pens

Comment

Working...
                              X