Help With Free Shipping Promo???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Free Shipping Promo???

I am running a free shipping promo but when I set it up it gives free shipping on all shipping options (express overnight etc.) I want to offer free GROUND shipping only. How do i do this? I don't want people selecting free 2 days express shipping. I do have it stated in the promo that it's ground only but I want to avoid the confusion.

Thanks

Sorry no can do

Shipping discount and category percent off not showing sale price but instead discount in the cart has made the promo manager a big disappointment for many.

The alternative is category sale but you have do a lot of work to turn the sale off.

Good luck with creating promos as you may have less to work with as before.
    Clayton
    Go Live Industries

Comment

Start a promo from scratch. This may be repetitive but we can get this sorted out.

In the marketing ---> Promotions:
      Enter Promo Name (e.g. Free Ground Shipping), Description (e.g. Free Ground Shipping On orders Over $500.00)

Promotion Rules (click Advanced tab)
      Order Amount --> Min: 500 max: 9999

Promo Offers (click Advanced tab)
      Check "Free Shipping" Box

Save---> It will ask you to enable the promotion--> Click to Enable.

Part 2

Go Settings-->Shipping-->Shipping Settings

For testing purposes make sure the only things that ARE checked are:
      *Use Residential Rates (UPS / FEDEX)
      *Preview all shipping methods

Click Save Changes.

Now go to your store and add $500+ to your cart and in the "Calculate Shipping" Tab.. Enter a zip and click go. Free Shipping should be #1 and the remainder of the options should be available with costs associated.

Click "checkout"

Free Shipping should be automatically selected

Click display rates by the other providers to see the services and rates.

This should work as stated since I did the process on my store to verify. Hope this helps

Comment

All I did was just create a custom shipping method, name it free and use the By Value Shipping Option at the bottom of the drop down. Works perfect on our site when someone buys more then $75 it just shows a thrid shipping option that is Free Ground.
        Jimmy

Comment

That is exactly correct as well. The only difference is that the "By Value" option will not show as uses under a promotion. The good side of the "By Value" option is that you can specify the exact name of the option you wish to display. So if you NEED it to say "Free Ground Shipping" that is the way to go. You set up the values the same way in both (e.g. 500 - 9999)

Comment

Originally posted by GlowExpress View Post
            That is exactly correct as well. The only difference is that the "By Value" option will not show as uses under a promotion. The good side of the "By Value" option is that you can specify the exact name of the option you wish to display. So if you NEED it to say "Free Ground Shipping" that is the way to go. You set up the values the same way in both (e.g. 500 - 9999)
            I like your site. Interesting product too bet you get lots of ravers :)
            Jimmy

Comment

Thanks, but it's actually a satellite site that I use for testing. I do a lot of virtual work for 3dcart clients so its handy to have a separate store to test coding. Plus the satellite site portion is directed to another site I built (kickbacks included:D ). Oddly enough I did 3dcart work with glow and light up products for 3+ years...

Comment

Great to see the interaction.

The original post was for free shipping promo with no order amount requirement on ground shipping only.

I suppose that this can be done as a shipping method but no promo code. (available to all)

This has been for us one less promo to offer our newsletter subcribers along with 50% off shipping.
                Clayton
                Go Live Industries

Comment

I went to the site and they have a specification for $500+ free shipping. I don't see anything in the original post that states "no order amount requirement"

Anyway, nothing wrong with trying to help.

Comment

Just hoping your solution was the answer to my own demise as I saw no minimum order specified.

Again love the interaction. Thanks
                    Clayton
                    Go Live Industries

Comment

Tehachapi lovely little town. I lost my first Station Wagon up there while on a skiing trip. (I think it was a Falcon)
                      I think I buy toy's from this other site you built
                      Atv Snow Plows, Motorcycle Tires, Avon, Michelin, Dunlop, Joe Rocket
                      interesting......
                      thanks for stopping by..
                      Clayton
                      Go Live Industries

Comment

:confused: Really?.... No offense, but you had nothing better to do with your time and then had to claim I built a joke of a site.

We are here to help everyone else and ourselves within the forum regarding 3dcart issues. Hopefully, pnkgirl25 found the answers needed in the previous posts to this thread. :)

Comment

No offense taken, contor I think

Nice menu on the glowexpress.com site.
                          Can you place image files on the sub tabs?

In the name of helping out I had a little Java fun on this other thread http://forums.3dcart.com/store-desig...html#post16131 maybe you can help out where I failed.

Sorry, never meant to offend just having a little fun.
                          Have a fun day and thanks...
                          Last edited by Go Live; 06-02-2011, 11:30 AM.
                          Clayton
                          Go Live Industries

Comment

You guys are awesome! I will try these out tonight!

Comment

Working...
                            X