Bing Upload Need Help Please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bing Upload Need Help Please!!!

Ok I am trying to upload to bing, but I am totally lost. I have tried 3dcart support, and even though he tried hard which I am greatful for he did say he did not really know, he did try to ask others but we never really got anywhere. So since this is 3dcart feature, but they can not tell me how to set it up I am in a bit of a bind, and could use some help from community as I do not know where else to get help from.

Ok I have a bing account, and I have an ftp account. Below are the settings I have tried in 3dcart.

Enable Cashback: has check mark

Merchant Id: This I am very unclear on, and 3dcart did not know either. Is this the number I see when I login to my adcenter account at the top left by the name example "Jimmy-X056341", is it login name itself, is it the ftp name I do not know, and nether did 3dcart support, so I am lost here.

FTP Server: ftps://feeds.adcenter.microsoft.com

Username: I have tried our bing account user name and bing ftp user name nether worked.

Password: Have tried bing account password and bing ftp password nether worked.

File Name: I have tried cashback.txt and bingshopping.txt nether worked.

When I say they do not work I mean when I upload I get connection error like it can not login or something. Our google upload works fine and was easy to setup, but I can not get this working, so I am in a real spot and could use some help. The only thing support could tell me for sure was I should be able to upload from within 3dcart so on that advise that's what I have been trying to do with no luck. I really need some help here, what I could use is a step by step explantion as I tried 3dcart support, and have downloaded the 3dcart pdf nither of which have helped me get this fixed. I thank you in advance for your help.
    Jimmy

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
    Merchant Id: This I am very unclear on, and 3dcart did not know either. Is this the number I see when I login to my adcenter account at the top left by the name example "Jimmy-X056341", is it login name itself, is it the ftp name I do not know, and nether did 3dcart support, so I am lost here.
    Merchant ID is what you created when you first applied to be able to login to
    https://adcenter.microsoft.com/

It all depends on how long ago you created the account, if you just created it, it takes time for them to activate you. If you have created the account a long time ago and was inactive they may have deactivated you.

You should contact Bing to find out, check the emails you received when you first opened the account with them.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Bing's a huge pain. It took me a month to get everything done. They manually approve everything. I emailed them a lot and it eventually got done. They also have livechat via the microsoft adcenter. Good luck.

Comment

Bing told me they no longer use merchant IDs so what am I supposed to do it 3dcart? Bing is telling me to use FileZilla can this not be done via 3dcart? I really wish someone from 3dcart would reply to this post I mean surely someone there knows how its done.
        Jimmy

Comment

Bing told me they no longer use merchant IDs so what am I supposed to do it 3dcart? Bing is telling me to use FileZilla can this not be done via 3dcart?
          Hi Jimmy,

I'm in the process of getting some information from our developers to see if we can confirm what Bing has informed you of. To the best of my knowledge, the section in 3dcart where you specify your Bing credentials is a simple FTP interface, so there's really not much to its integration. However, if there's something we need to fix on it, I'll inform the dev team so we can get it fixed asap.

RE: Merchant ID

Now, if they (Bing) are no longer recognizing the Merchant ID, then my immediate suggestion would be to try leaving the Merchant Id field (in your 3dcart Settings) blank and see if that works. As I mentioned, for all intents and purposes, the Bing settings area in your 3dcart admin are basically FTP settings, so this might actually do the trick.

Here's a quick rundown of what the other Bing settings on the 3dcart admin are calling for.

FTP Server: Whatever FTP server Bing specifies for your account. From your original posting, it looks like this should be:

ftps://feeds.adcenter.microsoft.com
          Username & Password: Again, these are export settings TO Bing, so for this you'll be using the FTP credentials Bing supplied for you.

Filename: This can be whatever you'd like the file to be named. It's used strictly for the naming of the file that's generated in your 3dcart store when you click on the "Generate Feed" button on the previous screen. In other words, when the feed is generated, you're given two options: Download the export file, or - if our integration is working as it should - upload the file to your Bing account. This "Filename" field is just for you to specify what you want that file to be called. cashback.txt has a nice ring to it, so I'd go with that. :)

RE: Bing's Filezilla Suggestion.

FileZilla is also an FTP program and is actually a very good suggestion on Bing's part. You can download and install Filezilla for free. (click here)

I say it's a very good suggestion because it'll at the very least inform us if the problem is a 3dcart issue or if perhaps something that might be wrong with your Bing profile or credentials.

So, if leaving the Merchant ID field blank (as I suggest above) still doesn't work for you, then let's try FileZilla as Bing suggested. Download it, install it and set it with the following settings.

Host:
          ftps://feeds.adcenter.microsoft.com

Username
          Password

[whatever FTP credentials Bing supplied]

Port:

You can leave this blank. It's usually port 21, but the FileZilla program is pretty smart and usually works without a port specified.
          (Unless of course Bing actually specifies a port that needs to be used which is unlikely.)

Now, generate your Bing Feed from within your 3dcart store but select the "Click here to DOWNLOAD the export file" link, and save the cashback.txt file to your desktop. Using the settings above, connect via FileZilla, then simply upload the cashback.txt file up to your Bing account.

If you're not able to connect with FileZilla either, it's probably a safe assumption that your Bing account is to blame. Could be the account isn't active, maybe the credentials are wrong, etc.

However, if you ARE able to connect with FileZilla but still not with the 3dcart interface, then please submit a trouble ticket so we can investigate it further. You can either use the support.3dcart.com portal or call us. We'll need the Bing FTP login credentials to fully test it, but we'll do our best to get it fixed for you. Feel free to reference this Forum Posting in the ticket if you'd like and the support people will know to ask me about it if necessary. :)

In the mean time, I'm going to see if I can get some Bing credentials from our admins and test this all out. Rest assured, if there's a problem to fix, our dev guys will find it.

Comment

Originally posted by bzeltzer View Post
            Bing's a huge pain. It took me a month to get everything done. They manually approve everything. I emailed them a lot and it eventually got done. They also have livechat via the microsoft adcenter. Good luck.
            You are not kidding I am still working on it, but getting closer. When I finish I will post all the steps here, so it will hopefuly be easier for someone else.
            Jimmy

Comment

Working...
            X