Software Bug?? Losing Items Out Of Shopping Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software Bug?? Losing Items Out Of Shopping Cart

We have an issue that is able to be reproduced time after time and we've got long-standing customers complaining about it...

Due to the repeat nature of our business, we require customers to create an account at our store. This is not a problem for us and our customers find it quite helpful for them EXCEPT in this one scenario. Here's the steps that are taken to make this problem happen:

1. Customer arrives on our site and adds products to their shopping cart.
    2. Customer starts the checkout process and logs into their account during Step 1 of the multi-page checkout process.
    3. For whatever reason, the customer does not want to complete the checkout process right then and logs out of their account prior to closing their browser.
    4. When the customer comes back to our site and logs back in to complete the cart checkout, the items are no longer in their cart.

I would think that logging out of their account prior to shutting down their browser would help preserve their cart data, but it doesn't. However, if they just shut down their browser and DON'T log out first, when they come back to the store with a new browser session, their cart data is still there. So something about the "logging out" process is causing them to lose their cart data.

Can anyone else help verify that this is happening using the scenario posted above and 3dCart, can you please address this issue? Are my customers doing something wrong? Do I need to educate them on the proper use of the cart and their store accounts?

Yes, I noticed this when doing checkout changes a while back. Log out and the cart goes out with it.

Comment

Hi Piaf & Mondo

In answer to this issue; that's actually the default behavior of the cart. The mere act of logging out of the account "kills" the cart's session. (Closing the browser doesn't really factor in - it's the logging out that does it.) It works this way for both single page and multi-page checkout situations.

The good news however, is that the next version of 3dcart will help address this. We're in the process of preparing 3dcart version 4 for release VERY soon. Among the updated features of the software is a "Saved Carts" function which will allow shoppers to essentially save their carts in order to come back to them later.

After saving their carts, your shoppers will be able to go to their respective "My Account" pages and see a new section labeled "Saved Carts." From there, they'll be able to view the details of the cart or otherwise continue with their order.

I don't have an exact release date yet for the next version, but we're projecting sometime in July if everything goes well. [fingers crossed] :D

Comment

Henry, thanks for the update. We're so glad to hear this issue is being addressed in the next release. :D

Comment

Info. on the next release:

Introducing 3dcart 4 - A Radical New Way to Sell

Comment

Originally posted by ritchey View Post
            Thanks Ritchey, I just figured out the current one after almost 45 days. LOL
            ZuluTimeZone.com
            Time Well Spent

Comment

OMG, I almost cried at the upcoming new features, almost everything I wished for ... and there is 30 plus more features that isn't even shown yet ......

Comment

What I hope for :-)

1. Importing of 301 redirects. I know, 3dcart will do it for a slight fee. $80 I think.

Correction - there is an import for this!
                https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...barticleid=498

2. Google automation (promised soon...).

3. Updates for the latest Google Buy Stuff.

4. Adding power reviews to my google product feed (the review stars - very powerful for conversions).

5. Improving how reviews are shown (all the carts are a couple of years behind how Amazon does it - table to summarize reviews is such an easy feature, but yet nobody offers it).

6. Create a support area where I can see my previous tickets for 3dcart support.

7. Improve this forum (great content, but frustrating to avoid already read postings).

8. Allow me to do manage own ftp passwords and users.
                Last edited by ritchey; 06-17-2011, 12:51 PM.

Comment

1. Importing of 301 redirects. I know, 3dcart will do it for a slight fee. $80 I think.
                  2. Google automation (promised soon...).
                  3. Updates for the latest Google Buy Stuff.
                  4. Adding power reviews to my google product feed (the review stars - very powerful for conversions).
                  5. Improving how reviews are shown (all the carts are a couple of years behind how Amazon does it - table to summarize reviews is such an easy feature, but yet nobody offers it).
                  6. Create a support area where I can see my previous tickets for 3dcart support.
                  7. Improve this forum (great content, but frustrating to avoid already read postings).
                  8. Allow me to do manage own ftp passwords and users.
                  #1. I am just getting ready to do my 301's, but it was my understanding that this feature now allows dowload/upload of 301's via spreadsheet .... am I wrong???
                  #7. Not sure if it's a forum setting or the default, but I see a "Contains New Posts" icon and when clicked on the unread threads are in bold with a green checkmark/box - until I read them.

Comment

I just click the New Posts link each day in the top nav area.

Comment

May be I am not understanding this - operator error may be? :-)

I click on new posts, and it shows me in FireFox all the threads that have new posts.

But then I don't have a way just to see the new posts themselves. I click on the thread and I have to scroll through all the old posts in a thread.

Originally posted by piaf View Post
                      I just click the New Posts link each day in the top nav area.

Comment

Yep, I scroll too. :)

Comment

But then I don't have a way just to see the new posts themselves. I click on the thread and I have to scroll through all the old posts in a thread.
                          Do you mean you see older posts near the top of the page?
                          I see all the new (unread by me) posts at the top of the page and they are in bold. I remember changing a setting, but for the life of me I can't find where I did that.....
                          EDIT: Ahhhhh, found it! User CP, then Thread Display Options, then "Linear-Newest First".
                          Last edited by Barry; 06-15-2011, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X