Server Files & .htaccess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Files & .htaccess

I took over the web duties on this site from someone who has no clue of files and structure. Within the 3d Cart Store Manager > File Manager I had folders loaded with junk with no rhyme or reason. I spoke with 3d CS and they said these were not part of the 3d Cart package, so I deleted most of them with the Store Manager, some do contain images of current product inventory.

When I FTP to our site, inside our images folder are all the folders I deleted from the Store Manager. I've tried to delete them using my FTP client FileZilla and all appear to be successful until I restart the FTP or refresh the store and they're all back.

I spoke with CS, they mentioned check the .htaccess for permissions, reviewing this file offered me no clues, any ideas on how to make these worthless files and folders disappear?

I wish I could attach an image-sorry.
    ZuluTimeZone.com
    Time Well Spent

Windows Server

First of all, 3dCart is on a Windows Server, so no .htaccess.

Also, you do not have access to delete some file because 3dCart has them locked.

What file folders are you trying to delete?

Comment

On the server within our WEB folder is a images folder within the images folder are these subfolders listed below which contain jpeg and gif and a .dbthumbs file some of these folders are even empty:
      D
      D.cache.dpicon
      D.cache.dpthmbn
      G
      M
      magictoolbox_cache
      P
      S
      T
      W
      W.cache.pvarthmbn
      Z subfolders include 352, 347, 346 & 318
      zoomified
      ZuluTimeZone.com
      Time Well Spent

Comment

Originally posted by kbscoatings View Post
        First of all, 3dCart is on a Windows Server, so no .htaccess.
        Has this changed recently? I was able to download to my computer the .htaccess file for my website using FTP.

Comment

Yea, it's on a Windows-based server, yet there IS a .htaccess file and it's being used for rewrite rules.

Comment

Working...
          X