Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Shipping Option errors

Has anyone ever seen this error message:

There is no shipping option for the address you entered. Please go back and check the address.

I get emails about it on occasion and cant seem to figure out why the error is showing. The shipping address is correct.

I put in a ticket but thought I might ask here as well.

Haven't had any reports of this error, nor have we encountered it ourselves.

Comment

Its a larger order, about $1200 so I wonder if the weight is the issue. I have max box weight set at 70# but changed it to 200# and still received the error. Waiting on a reply to my ticket.

Comment

Support suggested I update the weight to 300#. Hopefully this will work.

Comment

Hi rburton34

The error message itself is simply stating that the store can't find an applicable shipping method for the order. Support should be able to confirm this for you, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's either of two things: Shipping weight ranges or shipping area exclusions.

The first thing I'd check is your shipping methods. Make sure they're not excluding any particular areas. Each shipping method should have an "exclude list" on it where you can limit certain areas where the method will not apply to.

The second thing I'd check is your shipping weight ranges. These determine which weight ranges the order must fall into before a method is applicable. By default, when adding a new shipping method to your store, the store fills in the default weight ranges as 0 to 150 lbs. However, if the order itself goes OVER the 150 lb limit, then the store simply doesn't have an applicable shipping method to use.

Compare either of these two with the order in question, and you should be able to deduce the cause of the error message.

This is usually the explanation for the "there is no shipping" error that happens only occasionally like this. :-)

Comment

I have max box weight set at 70# but changed it to 200# and still received the error. Waiting on a reply to my ticket.
            Support suggested I update the weight to 300#. Hopefully this will work.
            Glad to hear they narrowed down the possibilities for us. (And that my tech support skills are still working.) :D

One thing I did want to clarify; the weight ranges we're talking about here are in the actual shipping methods themselves. These are available if you go to Settings =>Shipping =>Shipping Methods and review your individual methods.

The max box weight setting you referred to earlier (available in Settings =>Shipping =>Shipping Settings) only controls how many boxes will be factored into calculation. Meaning that if the order goes over 70lbs, (default) the quote will then be for TWO boxes instead of one. (or however many boxes it takes to complete the order's weight.)

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by 3dCartHenry View Post
              Glad to hear they narrowed down the possibilities for us. (And that my tech support skills are still working.) :D

One thing I did want to clarify; the weight ranges we're talking about here are in the actual shipping methods themselves. These are available if you go to Settings =>Shipping =>Shipping Methods and review your individual methods.

The max box weight setting you referred to earlier (available in Settings =>Shipping =>Shipping Settings) only controls how many boxes will be factored into calculation. Meaning that if the order goes over 70lbs, (default) the quote will then be for TWO boxes instead of one. (or however many boxes it takes to complete the order's weight.)

Hope this helps!
              I changed the max weight to 500 and still received the error. I will try other solutions offered before reopening the ticket.

Comment

Ah... I checked the exclude list and see the "other" Max Weight there. It was at 150. I updated it to 300 and the shipping costs show. I had previously updated it under Shipping Settings.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

I am having the same problem...

I am trying to ship an item that is only 1 or 2 pounds so these fixes don't work for me. I am getting this same error message - there is no shipping option for the address you entered. Please go back and check the address.

I have entered a valid address and tried multiple different addresses. I am just setting up my store and have checked and it says my endicia is working. I am only using paypal for payment and endicia to ship orders. Does anyone know of anything else I can try so we don't get that error message again?

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                  X