Issue With 3dCart Order Export to SEOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue With 3dCart Order Export to SEOM

We use Stone Edge Order Manager to receive orders exported out of our 3dCart. We have one problem with the export process and we're hoping there's a way to work around this problem. Here's the scenario:

1. Customer places an order at our store and chooses to pay via PayPal.
    2. When over on the PayPal site, they choose to use the eCheck option.
    3. 3dCart groups these types of orders as a regular, paid, NEW order, despite the fact that it hasn't yet been paid, and won't be paid until 3-5 business days have passed.
    4. So we get the notification from PayPal that the order is being "paid" by an eCheck and we go into our 3dCart Admin area to change the status of the order to "Unpaid".
    5. When we download the orders at the end of the day, these "Unpaid" orders are exported into Stone Edge Order Manager just like all the New paid, credit card orders.

So what can we do to prevent the download of these unpaid orders? We didn't catch this last one once it was downloaded, and so the order was shipped before the eCheck payment cleared. THIS IS BAD!!! Luckily, the eCheck payment cleared the next day, but what if it hadn't?? I'd like to be able to rely upon 3dCart to prevent these orders from being transferred to SEOM whatsoever if they are in the "Unpaid" status, so I don't have to worry about it until I manually move it out of the "Unpaid" status into the "New" status. So what can be done to prevent this problem from happening?

piaf,

We had this exact issue between 3dcart and the echeck through paypal. I changed some of the settings between SEOM and 3dcart to get it to function correctly, but it was about a year ago when I had to fix it. Let me rack my brain and try to remember the process.

Do you charge at import through SEOM or do you charge at the time of ship?

Do you auto approve orders or manually approve?

I will let you know as soon as I can access that part of my memory via "coffee injection"
    Last edited by GlowExpress; 06-15-2011, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Have you looked at the XML in the Stone Edge download file? Does a Paypal eCheck order come down with the same Payment Method flag as regular Paypal payments?

You could create an Approval Rule in Stone Edge that will flag any orders paid via Paypal eChecks if the tag is different. Otherwise, I think you'll have to flag all Paypal payments and go thru them manually :(
      Chris
      TC Life Safety
      TC Wireless

Comment

Originally posted by GlowExpress View Post
        Do you charge at import through SEOM or do you charge at the time of ship?

Do you auto approve orders or manually approve?
        We normally charge/capture at the time the order is placed (our turnaround time is less than 1 day), so the order comes through as paid into SEOM. And we normally manually approve orders using the "Multi-Order View" on SEOM.

Comment

Originally posted by tclifesafety View Post
          Have you looked at the XML in the Stone Edge download file? Does a Paypal eCheck order come down with the same Payment Method flag as regular Paypal payments?

You could create an Approval Rule in Stone Edge that will flag any orders paid via Paypal eChecks if the tag is different. Otherwise, I think you'll have to flag all Paypal payments and go thru them manually :(
          No, I hadn't thought of that, that's a good idea. I'll go take a look at that file.

Comment

Working...
          X