Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat Rate Shipping 1st Item - Newbie

Hi!
    I'm new and was wondering if it's possible to set-up shipping in the following way: 1st item - 2.99 Each additional item - .99

I tried setting it up in the custom shipping using the following configuration:
    0 - 1 item = 2.99
    2 - 99999 items = .99 per item

When I add 2 items to the cart both are being shipped at .99 each. Is it possible to set this up in 3dcart? Thanks! Sharon

BTW the forums have been invaluable to me! Thanks for all the posts. :)

Settings >> Shipping >> Shipping Methods

+Add new
    • Select Country
    • Shipping Method : custom - by Quantity
    • Set Min. Weight and max Weight
    • Leave Markup Blank
    • Select customer group if applicable, if not leave as is to NONE
    • Click Add

Then "Edit Ranges"
    Start adding your shipping amounts per quantity.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Re:

Thanks for your quick response but that's what I tried. When I added 1 item, the cost for that item to ship was $2.99 but when I added 2 items, the cost for shipping then was $1.98. Maybe I'm missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by sayresstash View Post
        Thanks for your quick response but that's what I tried. When I added 1 item, the cost for that item to ship was $2.99 but when I added 2 items, the cost for shipping then was $1.98. Maybe I'm missing something?
        Can you paste the ranges and their values here please?
        Elegant Weddings +

Comment

I'm not familiar with the Qnty here shipping method here but am with several cart setups.
          Sounds like it's doing what it's been told to do.
          1 item= $2.99
          2-999999 at $.99 each so 2= $1.98.

Have you tried a shipping mark up of $2 and 1-999999 at $.99 each or does that add the $2 to each item instead of once?

Comment

sayresstash,
            I agree with Mondo as to what you are currently seeing - it is working the way it should!
            I'm by no means an expert on what you are trying to do in 3DCart, but it "should" be actually easy, as carts go. My old (crappy!!!) cart had a real easy way to do what you are wanting (altough we never actually used it!).
            After snooping around in 3DCart, I'm not sure, but maybe some type of "automatic" promotion may work. Just might be worth looking into promotions that the cart has available. Just a thought!

Comment

Thanks to the suggestions. I'll give them a try and let you know. :)

Comment

I contacted customer support and this is the response:
                For example, a custom offline shipping by quantity method can be created. Click on Edit Ranges.

First range: 1 min 1 max - 2.99
                next range: 2 min 2 max - 3.98
                next range: 3 min 3 max - 4.97
                ... and so on

I've done this and it works. A little more time consuming than I thought it should be but hey! I've gotten what I wanted. Hope this helps someone else. Thanks again!

Comment

You can do it this way:

In the product Information Tab, Under Shipping Options put $0.99 in the shipping box (default is 0.00), this will charge .99 to each item added to cart.

Define 1 shipping with flat rate of $2.00 to all destinations you ship.

So the$2.00 + (0.99 x num items) should show in the shipping field of the checkout page.
                  Elegant Weddings +

Comment

Working...
                  X