Creating / Displaying Availability Messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating / Displaying Availability Messages

On other cart packages I've managed there was a way to show product availability and shipping times. Unless I've missed something, I don't see it as a standard function of 3d but I was wondering if anyone has implemented a similar solution.

Ex:
    Availability: Usually ships in 24hrs
    Availability: Usually ships in 2-3 days
    Availability: Usually ships in 4-5 days

Some carts do it with an image and some have done it with plain text.

I'm flexible when it comes to the display method, just looking to get the functionality.

We put a text message on the checkout page in the "Shipping Methods" area.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

for each product there is a in stock, backorder and out of stock message you can assign. You could use the in stock message to show availability.
      Nathan
      www.YourCableStore.com

Comment

The in stock message will support html formatting so you can make it look nice and clean. I use it for my clearance items as an added message about availability.
        David
        David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Thanks for the input.

I had hoped there was a better, more user friendly solution. The other ones we've used have been a simple drop-down menu in the admin area that changes availability. That enables the shop to let even the most non-technical people modify without having to jump through hoops.

Comment

The stock message can be put in globally and at the item level. The item level can be changed during the import of the items and will over-ride the global message. It's pretty easy.
            David
            David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

The global settings for availability can be found by going to Settings > Design > Store Language. Then do Ctrl-F and search for Availability-Instock and you'll find the group of settings to change regarding Availability. HTML formatting is allowed in those fields.

Comment

Originally posted by InsnWizard View Post
                The stock message can be put in globally and at the item level. The item level can be changed during the import of the items and will over-ride the global message. It's pretty easy.
                Originally posted by piaf View Post
                The global settings for availability can be found by going to Settings > Design > Store Language. Then do Ctrl-F and search for Availability-Instock and you'll find the group of settings to change regarding Availability. HTML formatting is allowed in those fields.
                Thanks gang but again, the client is looking for something simple to use. They have multiple people updating the site and suppliers are always changing availability.

They want something that someone can just go in and select from some options (either drop down, checkbox, etc). Something that people don't have to worry about pasting html into a field every time a supplier changes lead time. It's really got to be that simple based on who they use to update the cart.

I was thinking about Custom Fields and modifying the template for them (or something along those lines).

Comment

Working...
                X