Repeat customer info on Order in Admin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repeat customer info on Order in Admin

Before I request a feature, do these exist already?

In the Admin for Orders:
    1. Does the order (in the admin) list previous orders by same customer? Or do I have to leave the order and search for the customer name, then return to the order?

2. Does the order (in the admin) show if the customer is registered? That'd save us some time if we enter the order outside of the system and then at the last step, we find out that we need to enter the password. So, we need to export the customer list to find the password.
    kem
    AddressNumbers.com
    Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

As far as I know, the previous order data is in the customer record.
    One thing I did that I find usefull, at least to me, is I revised the invoice_print template to include previous orders. For example, on my invoice printout I made a field such as this:

Total Orders: X

Where X is the total orders this customer has made with us. I think the field parameter is prev_orders or something like that. I like to know repeat customers, so, when I go print their invoice, I know the number of orders they've had with us! :)

Comment

One of the BIGGEST pains in the rear with the admin area is the inability to get to the customer record easily from the order. You've got to open up a new browser tab, search for the customer, then view the record. It would be so nice if the order had a link to the customer record as long as the customer has an account in the store. I thought I had set this up as a feature request at one point in time, but I don't see it now.

Comment

Piaf, I think you can click on Actions in the top right and choose "Link to Customer" No need to open a new browser.

the only problem, is that you do not know in advance if the customer has an account or is a guest. So you end up doing this and getting nothing if the customer is a guest. Waste of time. Would be nice if there was an indicator on the order, or if the customer has an account a link show up right on the order.

Comment

Originally posted by piaf View Post
          One of the BIGGEST pains in the rear with the admin area is the inability to get to the customer record easily from the order. You've got to open up a new browser tab, search for the customer, then view the record. It would be so nice if the order had a link to the customer record as long as the customer has an account in the store. I thought I had set this up as a feature request at one point in time, but I don't see it now.
          I'd like to vote on the feature request or find your request. The problem is I don't know what to search for or if I create a feature request, what to use as the "label". That way others can find it and vote. Any suggestions?

I should point out that this basic information is included on other platforms that we use or have used in the past, so hopefully it will be an easy feature to add.
          Last edited by kem; 06-25-2011, 01:12 PM.
          kem
          AddressNumbers.com

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
            Piaf, I think you can click on Actions in the top right and choose "Link to Customer" No need to open a new browser.

the only problem, is that you do not know in advance if the customer has an account or is a guest. So you end up doing this and getting nothing if the customer is a guest. Waste of time. Would be nice if there was an indicator on the order, or if the customer has an account a link show up right on the order.
            Unfortunately, that's not what "Link To Customer" does. It's something you use if you want to link that order to a different customer record or if the customer orders as a guest and you want to link it to their existing account. I WISH it did what you thought it did, but unfortunately, it doesn't. :(

Comment

My bad!
              It is the link below that says [View customer point detail], that will take you to the customer record. Of course you have to be using rewards.

Comment

I'm not using rewards (at least not yet) so that isn't an option on my Actions list.

Comment

So ok, I went to Feature Request for 3dcart Shopping Cart Software to enter this idea as a feature request, but I don't see how to add a new request. Maybe I'm blind, but I'm not seeing a link where I can add a new request. :(

Comment

Originally posted by piaf View Post
                    So ok, I went to Feature Request for 3dcart Shopping Cart Software to enter this idea as a feature request, but I don't see how to add a new request. Maybe I'm blind, but I'm not seeing a link where I can add a new request. :(

You need to type your idea (at least the keywords) and then it will show if this idea is already presented where you can vote or you can click on "Create New Idea"

This wasn't very intuitive, took a little bit of digging ;)
                    Elegant Weddings +
                    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Elegant, thanks so much for that info. For the life of me, I couldn't figure it out. Ok, here's the link to the feature request:

Put a link to the customer data in the order screen

Comment

If you mouse over the list of orders, via ajax, you will see either an account does not exist or the customer name and address information. If the information is the customer is registered if you click on the name you will can see how many orders and go to those orders.

Is this what you are you are trying to accomplish?
                        Luxlife

Comment

Luxlife, although that's a quick way to get to the customer data from the order LIST, we're talking about a quick way (link) to get to the customer data from the order DETAIL screen. Plus, some sort of indicator as to whether the customer has prior orders with us (as long as they're registered). But basically, it's when we're actually viewing the order details when we find we need to look at something over in the customer record, so that's why we're requesting the info on the order detail screen. But thanks for the tip about the order list, I didn't even realize that was there. :)

Comment

Luxlife-
                            Thanks for the information on the order list. Didn't see that.

Here's an example that shows the information on the order.
                            Attached Files
                            kem
                            AddressNumbers.com

Comment

Working...
                            X