Version 4 ETA release date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version 4 ETA release date?

I know the dates are always estimates but do you have your first estimate of when version 4 will be ready?

I believe it's July 4th, according to the Shopping Cart Software & eCommerce Software. Sell Online with 3DCart footer banner
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

I am interested in an expected date as well... When I called the tech support said next year! That is not just around the corner... I don't care when it comes out as it looks amazing, but a time frame of some kind would be nice. :rolleyes:

Comment

Hi all,

Not sure where the "next year" might've come from, but I can assure you we've been working very hard to meet our self-imposed deadline of July 4th. :D

So far, we've completed our beta-testing and we're right on track to have everything finalized and ready to go by Monday. Actual deployment should follow soon afterwards.

We've set up the following forum page in the announcements section to help keep everyone informed as to updates and news as we begin rolling everything out. Be sure to check it out periodically!

Comment

Is this an automatic upgrade or will we upgrade when we feel "safe"?

Comment

Being new to 3dcart, I have questions about upgrades and how does they happen. Our site was designed by 3dcart but then we made many modifications to several pages including search, category and listing. We also have the Facebook metatags allready setup on our frame.html, and the send button set up on the listing page. Should we remove these before v4?
            So how would the upgrade work. Would our templates get revised, or are the changes only made in the common folder, or does the upgrade not affect the template.

I guess I will find out soon enough, but an upgrade primer would be nice.

Comment

Hi all,

We just posted a basic process explanation in the version 4 announcement page which might answer some of these questions. :D

It's available here.

Comment

Will you make a list of what templates need to be changed for each of the new features to work? Those of us with multiple stores and lots of customization could use it. Need this for our designer to work on it. Any changes to Javascript, JQuery, CSS etc ?

Comment

A list of the code needed for the new features in templates would be nice for those of us with customized templates

Comment

Thanks 3dcartHenry for that explanation. Very helpful as usual.

I second the comments by shopgirltx & ritchey.
                    A list of changed templates with corresponding features (and code if possible) would be very helpful.

Also, would the Quick View feature be operable on the Search Page, or just the Category Page?

Comment

Hi again, all.

I'm waiting until all of the code is finalized so I can work on getting accurate code block tags listed and compiled for everyone. (i.e. which feature, which template it uses, where the code is, what the code block tags are, etc)

I prefer waiting until it's all finalized because I've learned from experience that this type of information can be outdated the moment it's posted while fine tuning is still going on. :) So in an effort to help reduce confusion I've decided to wait on this until everything is set in stone.

Rest assured this mini-project is on my radar screen, so we'll have this part of it covered as well.

Comment

Thank you so much 3dcartHenry! We appreciate it!

Comment

I'm waiting until all of the code is finalized so I can work on getting accurate code block tags listed and compiled for everyone. (i.e. which feature, which template it uses, where the code is, what the code block tags are, etc)
                          Thanks 3dCartHenry, that answers my question!

Comment

just read through the release notes...and let me say THANK YOU, esp for the saved cart option!

Comment

Originally posted by ElegantWeddings View Post
                              I believe it's July 4th, according to the Shopping Cart Software & eCommerce Software. Sell Online with 3DCart footer banner
                              I think your right never noticed that thx. I can not wait for the customer feedback tab.
                              Jimmy

Comment

Working...
                              X