Facebook Posting thru 3d??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Posting thru 3d??

Anyone tell me, I have a Personal Facebook page and a Business page. When I post thru 3d, it posts on my personal page, which I do NOT want. It skips the business page totally. Is there anyway to only post to the business page thru 3d and skip the personal page? I did the configuration thru 3d I saw the post on the personal page and then went back and deleted the post. I also saw that there was a 3d online store on my personal page that I also deleted. Any suggestions? :confused:

It is the Facebook policy that ONLY the personal page be updated with status updates remotely. all other pages (i.e. Business page) can only be updated manually.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Hi there,

If I may offer an interesting work around I've seen some of our merchants use...

There are several Twitter apps available on Facebook which should help with this.

While Facebook's API doesn't allow for Business Page postings from an external source like your 3dcart store, it apparently doesn't have any limitations on merely displaying feeds from an external source like Twitter.

So what you can do is this:

1. Install one of the many Twitter/Facebook apps. (There are several to choose from, but they mostly work the same way)

2. Configure the App to accept your twitter credentials for the feed.

3. Configure your 3dcart store to also accept your Twitter credentials.

4. Post an update to Twitter from your 3dcart store

The way it works is that your "tweet" from the 3dcart store is posted to your twitter account, and the app you installed on your Facebook business page retrieves the tweet and posts it on your fan page.

I haven't fully researched why this is allowed to work and our app isn't, but I believe it has something to do with the direction the posting is coming from. If it's coming to your Facebook fan page from an external source, it's blocked. However, if the request is going FROM your Facebook Fan Page to retrieve a feed (from Twitter) it's allowed.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by 3dCartHenry View Post
        While Facebook's API doesn't allow for Business Page postings from an external source like your 3dcart store, it apparently doesn't have any limitations on merely displaying feeds from an external source like Twitter.
        I'm not sure this is true anymore... mailchimp has recently started allowing posting a campaign directly to a facebook business page. This has just been within the last month or so.

... on further investigation (just now) it seems how mailchimp is doing it is through the "share" feature that Facebook has. So when you click on "post to facebook" they are parsing the link to the web version of your newsletter, then running it through facebooks "share feature" which DOES allow you to share it though your business page, or your personal page.

http://i.imgur.com/ZaeSq.jpg

Comment

Thanks, we'll check it out

Comment

Originally posted by 3dCartHenry View Post
            Hi there,

If I may offer an interesting work around I've seen some of our merchants use...

There are several Twitter apps available on Facebook which should help with this.

So what you can do is this:

1. Install one of the many Twitter/Facebook apps. (There are several to choose from, but they mostly work the same way)

2. Configure the App to accept your twitter credentials for the feed.

3. Configure your 3dcart store to also accept your Twitter credentials.

4. Post an update to Twitter from your 3dcart store

The way it works is that your "tweet" from the 3dcart store is posted to your twitter account, and the app you installed on your Facebook business page retrieves the tweet and posts it on your fan page.

I haven't fully researched why this is allowed to work and our app isn't, but I believe it has something to do with the direction the posting is coming from. If it's coming to your Facebook fan page from an external source, it's blocked. However, if the request is going FROM your Facebook Fan Page to retrieve a feed (from Twitter) it's allowed.

Hope this helps!
            Is there a way to add the twitter updates above our items in our facebook store? Would like the updates to go at the top of this page. JpwJewelry.com - Online Store | Facebook

I thank anyone who can help in advance.
            Jimmy

Comment

Working...
            X