Show products by Mfg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show products by Mfg?

I've added navigation by mfg but there has to be a better. I've added links to the footer and each one looks like this...

<a class="font1" href="http://www.ladybugsandlilypads.com/search.asp?keyword=Some Mfg">Some Mfg</a>

Basically, I want to list the mfgs and make it so when the user clicks the link, it will list products by that mfg. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
    Greg

There is a "Browse by Manufacturer" feature in 3Cart. Most likely its currently "hidden" on your store, you can enable it from settings->General->Store settings (about half way down).

If you turn it on and its not displaying, it may be missing from the template you are using, if that's the case, place a support ticket to [email protected] and we'll help you integrate it.
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Thanks, I'll take a look.
      Greg

Comment

It looks like we used distributor instead of manufacturer. I can't find anything in the help so is there a way to browse by distributor instead of manufacturer?

Thanks,
        Greg

Comment

Hi Greg,
          No, there is no functionality to allow customers to view items by distributor. Generally distributor info is kept hidden, as you normally don't want your customers to skip you and go directly to the distributor ;).

What you can do perhaps is build an html menu of searches, ie.

<a href="http://www.yourdomain.com/search.asp?keyword=DISTRIBUTORA">Items from Distributor A</a>

and make sure you add "DISTRIBUTORA" as a keyword on the items of that distributor.

Then add that to the frame.html file wherever you want it to display....
          ----------------------------
          Gonzalo Gil
          3dCart Support
          800-828-6650 x111

Comment

That's actually exactly what I did.

Comment

Working...
            X