Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Upgraded To 4.0 Yet?

Just Curious Id Love To Take A Peek.

I asked the same thing and didnt get anyone to confirm they have been upgraded. Its been a week and 3D said everyone would be upgraded within 2 weeks so I wonder if there was an issue.

Comment

Not I but I am looking foward to it.
      Jimmy

Comment

Starting to think someone went wrong with the upgrade. Nothings been mentioned about V4 other than the new templates.

Comment

I am checking everyday with excitement for the new features! I am hoping soon!

Comment

I am seeing some additional stuff under the template editor including the daily deal widget! Must be from the new template...
            Last edited by swordsandweapons; 07-11-2011, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Is anyone using the new V40000 series templates?
              I am just reopening my 3DCart account & don't have access yet to my admin.

I'm curious what they look like.
              Can anyone post a link?

Cheers,

Comment

Here is one: Swords and Weapons For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by swordsandweapons View Post
                  Nice site (Great use of colors)
                  With all those weapons should have a secuity shield or two for protection.
                  Clayton
                  Go Live Industries

Comment

Well, they haven't solved the "incredible shrinking product image" problem with the new templates (when using the 3dZoom feature) unfortunately. On Swords and Weapons For Sale, for example, none of the product images stay open long enough to see anything when attempting to view a single product (at least in the Safari browser & OSX). ;)

Comment

@golive - Thanks for the compliment. Not sure what you mean by security shield unless you mean ssl... Just started the site.

@burnspot- Not sure what you mean, but I can only see the site from IE. Looks fine on that and on my motorola xoom.

Comment

I wish they would have put better information out on this upgrade. They let everyone think that July 4th the upgrade would be rolled out and completed; then we find out it was a fazed roll-out, which is fine. But they should give us schedules or approximate time lines. I was about to switch over my site from Yahoo that week and held off, as I didn't want too many changes at once.

Comment

They always said it would be phased in - beginning July 4th and done in two weeks. But I haven't seen any evidence that they actual migration to version 4 has started so please 3dcart, can we have an update on where things stand? I have noticed the new templates when looking at "edit templates" but no way to implement them yet. Are there problems or was this the planned progression and we'll all be there in a week now?
                          Pat Cotter

The Preemie Store

Comment

Originally posted by swordsandweapons View Post
                            @burnspot- Not sure what you mean, but I can only see the site from IE. Looks fine on that and on my motorola xoom.
                            Here is what's happening...just picture the product image actually shrinking away to nothing once the page fully loads (I had to be quick to catch the initial view):

Initial load up:
                            http://blog.burningfiles.com/wp-cont...First-load.png

After page loads, the image shrinks to this:
                            http://blog.burningfiles.com/wp-cont...final-view.png

Take comfort in knowing that this happens with any 3DCart site that uses the 3DZoom feature, including 3DCart's own template store (discussed this topic earlier this year with no resolution). Happens sporadically in the Chrome browser as well. Kind of annoying, especially if OSX/Mac is all you use (IIRC a PC user seeing this at times as well).

@Pat Cotter - The mention of "phasing in" came up only on July 4th, but not before that...at least in all of the postings and docs I saw.
                            Last edited by Burnspot; 07-11-2011, 02:21 PM.

Comment

I see, thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Working...
                              X