Redirects again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redirects again

I can import redirects no problem IF I use the complete old URL and the complete new URL. BUT then I have to go in and strip it all down to just what is after the / manually, one at a time!

I have tried to import the stripped down URLs, but it says "Import in Progress" but just sits there and does nothing. There is this message below:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0009'

Subscript out of range: '[number: 2]'

/admin/import_prod.asp, line 1795
    AvaBaby's Preemie & Newborn Boutique
    EcoBaby Chic Organics
    doTerra Origins Essential Oils

Check if you have extra rows or columns that doesn't contain data in your csv file.
    You do this by pressing ctrl+End. If the cursor lands on an empty cell with no data you will need to delete all those empty rows and columns

Subscript it is out of range because the process is expecting data in the row "[i]" but nothing to process
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Thank you, I finally got it after beating my head against the wall over and over. Why does the learning curve have to be so darn difficult? But once you figure it out, it works just like it should.....frustration.
      AvaBaby's Preemie & Newborn Boutique
      EcoBaby Chic Organics
      doTerra Origins Essential Oils

Comment

My turn....;)

I'm getting the same message, but when I try the ctrl+End trick, the cursor lands in the last box with data. So, I assume I got rid of all the empty rows and columns. Any other suggestions?

thanks, mimi

Comment

Try copying just the data rows and columns and pasting it in a new spreadsheet/worksheet and saving.
          Elegant Weddings +
          www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
          www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Try doing just an insert and see if you get a message. You might have an extra column that you don't realize.
            David
            David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

I copy/pasted into a new file and that did the trick. I then discovered that I had one duplicate entry which seemed to caused a new kind of hang-up (I can't remember now what the message was, but it was a warning about duplicate entries.) I fixed that and the entire thing finally ran without a hitch.

Lesson learned -- everything must be JUST right or it won't work. At least now I know what to check first when my imports fail. Thanks for the advice!

--mimib

Comment

Working...
              X