Quick Cart isnt Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Cart isnt Working

Sadly, it appears my most anticipated new feature isnt working, Quick Add to Cart. It is supposed to bring up a pop up when an item is added to the cart but it doesnt do this. It only "refreshes" the page and adds the item to the cart.

I have it set to QuickView under settings. Doesnt work in FF or IE.

Anyone else????

Boo, hiss... :(

Did you add JS and code to page.
    Clayton
    Go Live Industries

Comment

Ok...Quick View isnt working either.....

Comment

Originally posted by Go Live View Post
        Did you add JS and code to page.
        I dont think so. Its a basic template. I just tweaked some colors.

Comment

well what the... Recently Viewed Items isnt working either. Going to try to clear my cache but so far none of the features I have turned on are working in FF or IE....

Comment

You will need to delete the template so the system will use the default from the common folder.
            or
            Copy the code from the common template to your default template.

But as of the moment My common folder has NOT been updated.
            So basically the setting does not mean jack without the NEW code on your current page!

You may try getting the code from the support doc for said feature.
            Clayton
            Go Live Industries

Comment

Hi all,

Aside from enabling the feature in the admin; if you're having trouble with any of the ajax powered features like quickcart and quickview, please make sure you're testing them out separately from the browser you're logged into the admin with.

In other words, if you're logged in with Firefox, try viewing the site in IE and vice/versa. The reason for this is due to the Quick Design Admin bar that was introduced in 3.2. It tends to interfere with the performance of other popups. We had similar issues last year with the 3dzoom pop-up.

Please check for this and if it still doesn't work for you, let our support people know so we can investigate it thoroughly.

Comment

3dCartHenry

When is the common folder going to get updated with the page code?
                Clayton
                Go Live Industries

Comment

The quick add to cart works but the recently viewed and quick item view dont work. Cleared my cache and they arent working in FF or IE. I will put in a ticket.

Comment

With the new quick add to cart you may want to change the checkout to go to checkout and not update cart.
                    Clayton
                    Go Live Industries

Comment

Im going to turn off quick add to cart. Not sure I like it

Comment

Hey there GoLive,

Just wanted to get a quick reply before I head out for the night. I took a quick look at your site's common folder and it does appear to be updated as far as I can tell... Not sure what may be happening and why you aren't seeing the new templates, but I was able to pull one of the listing templates and see the tags for Recent Items (Look for "START: browsing_history"). The file I looked at was listing_0.html right from your common folder.

I also browsed a bit and saw the dd_widget.html and gd_widget.html templates for the Daily Deal and Group Deal widgets, respectively. (There's also the listing_dd and listing_gd for those two features' listing pages as well). As far as I can tell, the common folder was updated.

Thinking you might be having some weird caching issue, I tried both FTP and via the online store manager, and the new files were present in both... I can't imagine why it wouldn't be showing up for you, but definitely let our support people know if you're still not able to see those files. The common folder is actually PART of the update so everything gets updated at once.
                        =====================

rburton34, your situation with the make-an-offer feature might just be a template that needs updating. If you look at the source code for that page, and do a search for "START: make_an_offer" you'll see that it isn't present. That's actually needed on the listing template in order to use make an offer. It places the button near the regular "Add to cart" button.

From the looks of it, you're using Style 2 for that page, so I'd recommend reviewing and editing listing_1.html.

If it helps, here's a quick cheat sheet for the styles and their respective templates.
                        Style 1 - listing_0.html (also controls the "default" style selection)
                        Style 2 - listing_1.html
                        Style 3 - listing_2.html
                        Style 4 - listing_3.html
                        =====================

Again, these are just quick observations I made as I was getting to close up shop for the night. If the problems are still persisting, our support guys (and ladies) are still here all night to help. :)

Comment

But wouldnt the upgrade place that line of text for the make an offer into all the appropriate templates?

I mean, it wasnt there before, in any template, so why wouldnt it be there after an upgrade?

I'm confused....

Comment

Thanks 3dCartHenry for confirming the template update.

I was looking for the browsing_history in the category_0.html. But now that I think about it, the code is being added to the listing template and I was going to see if it would work on the cat and search page as well.

Anyway thanks for checking.

rburton34 ya not sure I liked it either. Seemed a little confussing. I like when the add to cart window presents itself then dissolves away and maybe places a small added to cart icon next to the product.
                            Clayton
                            Go Live Industries

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
                              But wouldnt the upgrade place that line of text for the make an offer into all the appropriate templates?

I mean, it wasnt there before, in any template, so why wouldnt it be there after an upgrade?

I'm confused....
                              Not on templates that you may have edited.
                              Go to settings>design>themes then "edit HTML" you will now see templates that you have edited with the edit date. If you see none listed then there is a problem with you update.
                              Clayton
                              Go Live Industries

Comment

Working...
                              X