Loosing lots of sales on One Page Checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loosing lots of sales on One Page Checkout

I have watched numerous people get lost on the one page checkout thinking that they need to hit the Login box on the checkout page. And since they do not have an account they get the ERROR 1, "Your email or password are incorrect! If you forgot your password, please visit the forgot your password page." then when they get the above message they think they already have an account and then go to password recovery and since they never get an email back with a password these people leave frustrated.

Anyone else see this? I have been watching live stats and its frustrating seeing these lost people leaving.

Have you tried using the multi-page checkout? Just because "they" say single page is better, this may not be true (imagine that)! I myself prefer multi-page over single page for a few reasons. The main reason, in my opinion, is that too much info is asked of the customer all at once. Reminds me of the movie "What About Bob?" .... baby steps, baby steps!

That being said, yes, the multi-page needs some tweaking also. But it might be worth trying and monitoring for a while to see if one is better/worse than the other. Just my thoughts.

Comment

I agree with Barry. When we first started our cart here, I played around with that one page checkout and saw how easily it could confuse customers. The multi-page checkout is much more straightforward and much less confusing in our opinion. And since our client base tends to be less technologically advanced than many others, we wanted it to be as simple as possible for our shoppers. :)

Comment

Plus, and correct me if I am wrong, with one-page emails are NOT collected when carts are abandoned. And these abandoned cart contacts can be a goldmine, if used properly!

Comment

I only use the one page checkout. I also require and account/password to checkout. On my 1 page checkout I added a note in the header talking about the shipping policy or any updates about holidays/etc.

Then right below that I added a box that says "If you have registered with us before, sign in now to save time during checkout.If you don't have an account, please proceed by clicking the following button to continue first-time registration." Showing the Create Account / Login buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
            Plus, and correct me if I am wrong, with one-page emails are NOT collected when carts are abandoned. And these abandoned cart contacts can be a goldmine, if used properly!
            We use the one page checkout, and it does collect the emails for abandoned carts. For us, the same customers who get confused one the one page have similar problems navigating the multi-page checkout, so we prefer the simplicity. Like doberer, though, we did tweak the language on the button and the page header because the default wording definitely confused people.
            Laura Z
            Brass & Silver Traditions
            www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

I've always used the multi-page here and when I had the PS store. It allows me to make a few tweaks and it's not that big a deal to have more than one page to buy something.
              David
              David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Working...
              X