So frustrated with SmarterMail!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So frustrated with SmarterMail!!!!

Ugh. I think I have about reached the end of my ability to be patient with SmarterMail. Just about every week for the past several months, we experience email outages and have to contact tech support. Every time the answer from them is the same - "We are working on that right now..." but there doesn't appear to be any end in sight to this issue. Email is such an integral part of everything we do. We just can't keep wasting time on this. I guess it us time to dump the 3dCart email system altogether, unless anyone from 3d has information on a long term solution...?
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

ive been using gmail for a long time cant be happier.

Comment

Originally posted by hanzoswords View Post
      ive been using gmail for a long time cant be happier.
      Ditto :D

Comment

Gmail for business here too.

I just wish 3dcart would integrate some API / authentication controls so it would ALWAYS use my gmail account instead of using the 3dcart email server for system generated mails.

Comment

I just tried sending email from Smart mail to my yahoo address it took 2-1/2 hrs

Comment

Email problems .... Unacceptable!! Come on 3DCart, you are better than that. Email and E-Commerce go hand in hand. Your cart software is pretty damn good, if I say so myself! Make the email aspect as good if not better OR at the very least it should work as expected.

We (as merchants, 3D customers, etc.) should not have to go to 3rd party sources to get reliable email service. AND, if we do, it still does not solve the auto-generated email problems. Problems = 1. Slow email service with Smart-Mail 2. Horrible stock auto email templates 3. Clunky, un-intuitive editing of email templates

Just my personal thoughts on what should be a basic part of a top notch shopping cart, such as 3DCart!

Comment

Got this little gem about email timing out. If this is the answer maybe they should get some new senior administrators. ProStores email was better, I'm saddened to say.

Hello David,

I apologize for the issue you are having. Unfortunately there have been some issues with the mail servers here over the last few days. Our senior administrators have been working on the servers themselves in order to reach a more permanent resolution for our clients and get the servers running at optimal capacity as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Thank you.
              Carlos Garcia
              3dcart Technical Support
              David
              David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Just a small update on the cart-produced messages. My test account signed up for the newsletter off my site...it took the system almost exactly one hour to deliver the confirmation email. Really? Really? Heh, we need to add another mouse to the wheel...or put the email server into a time machine and bring it to 2011. ;)

A lot can happen in an hour...
                Last edited by Burnspot; 07-25-2011, 09:03 PM.

Comment

The email servers are slow. Everything else at ProStores sucked but their email was superior.
                  David
                  David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

And here we go again.. Had to open Yet another email problem ticket because they are so slow, especially over the last two days..

It appears that they have made some server changes this week.

Old: mail.infomart2000.com
                    New: mail.3dcartstores.com

Comment

I detest this idiotic email program. I have 3-4 threads going on it. Hate it. 3D Cart should be embarrassed that this is what they offer their paying customers.

A quick google search will give page after page of complaints.

Comment

And once again a break down in the mail system. Unable to connect for some time and when I try to access the web interface I get the ASP error "[SocketException (0x274d): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:17001]"

Since almost day 1 I've had nothing but headaches with the email 3d provides and can't believe a host would continue to use such an unreliable system.

I've NEVER had issues with any of my other hosts when it came to email. Perhaps it's time to 3d to look at a new system or a new system admin for email.

:mad:

Comment

I'm getting that same message more and more frequently also. Have you had any response from 3d?

Comment

Originally posted by rrw View Post
                            I'm getting that same message more and more frequently also. Have you had any response from 3d?
                            Just the usual, reply that they know about it and the admins are working on it.

If I had $1 for every time I've heard that :rolleyes:

Comment

if email is that important switch to a different email hosting provider, either your own or google, yahoo, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X