Age Verification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age Verification

Hello, guys. I am currently working on a site that will be selling Tobacco (cigars) and have to figure out the best way to verify age. I am wanting to quiz you guys and see If anyone here has any tips or tricks. I was just thinking I could make a required check box that they can check before sending the item to cart, or get crazy and actually run some script to verify and do nothing if of age, and redirect to another page if they actually choose underage. What do you guys think. Thanks in advance. :rolleyes:

Yes since you sell items for young and old that would be a great place to put the check box on the product page. Dim add to cart till checked would work great. Then set cookie and not be required for other flavors.

If an all adult site or agree to policy one could put a check box in the cart.

If xxx then redirect to check box page set cookie then referral URL to get back.

Sounds like fun! I wonder how much 3dcart would charge to do this? If in a hurry mite want to post for bid on programmer site.

Good Luck
    Clayton
    Go Live Industries

Comment

I'd suggest investigating what other tobacco/liquor web sites do to verify ages. A long time ago, I remember one site that used to ask a series of questions about "current" events that a kid wouldn't have been able to answer. You sort of had to be an adult to remember the events. But I really wouldn't think a checkbox would be sufficient to VERIFY age.

Comment

Hi liget94

My information on them is a bit limited because they're a rather new partner of ours; but you may want to have a look at IDology for this. They're listed in our 3dcart App Store under the Ecommerce tab.

From what I gather, they offer ID verification services for online businesses. These services are tailored to minimize fraud but they also have Age Verification services as well.

As I mentioned, they're somewhat new to us as an integrated partner, so my information on them is a bit limited. However, we (3dcart) are planning to hold an introductory webinar with IDology sometime in mid-August to introduce them to our merchants. As soon as I get a finalized date we'll be posting it to our forum, Facebook, blog and support pages to let everyone know.

As far as an alternate idea, I have to say I really like the idea Piaf mentioned with the current events. Being a bit of a history buff, I think I'd visit that site just to test my knowledge. :D

Comment

Originally posted by 3dCartHenry View Post
          ... As far as an alternate idea, I have to say I really like the idea Piaf mentioned with the current events. Being a bit of a history buff, I think I'd visit that site just to test my knowledge. :D
          Yeah, it was so many years ago, I just don't remember the name of the site. It was probably an online tobacco store, but it's been almost 5 years since I quit smoking, so I know it had to be at least that long ago since I was looking for cheap cigarettes. :)

Comment

Hi all,

Just posting a quick note to let everyone know that today at 2pm Eastern Time, we'll be presenting the webinar with IDology.
            (The one I mentioned a few weeks back.)

We still have registration openings available so if interested, please join us by registering here:

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/201441106

Comment

Working...
            X