Trouble with moving username login and greeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with moving username login and greeting

Designing a new site and I wanted to move the account greeting and username from the top of the page to to just under the links on the right hand side. Which is not that hard to do, I moved it fine.

I did the necessary step to see if the template would stay the same and not go haywire. However, when I delete the <!--START: username--> and <!--END: username--> from its orginal spot and nothing else, it mess up the template.

Now, I need these delete in order for the new spot to be hidden until someone logs into their account. Right now, it says hello guest, log out. Which is not acceptable to have. I believe that it is not hidden because there are two sets of start & end username and the template see the first original one but not the new second one.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the original occurrence without the template going haywire. Or get the second occurrence to hide when not in use?

Revert back to the original (or to the last saved template of your desire), instead of deleting code, try commenting them out. using <!-- .... -->.

it is never a good idea to delete as it messes up the alignment.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

i didnt delete it, i know that is not the best practice. Are you saying to double comment it out since its already in comments?

Comment

Originally posted by Dthomas View Post
        i didnt delete it, i know that is not the best practice. Are you saying to double comment it out since its already in comments?
        Double comment may not necessarily work, it depends on how the code is.
        If you can paste that portion here I can take look.
        Elegant Weddings +
        www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
        www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Dthomas
          Right now, it says hello guest, log out.
          Something funny here. Sounds like your logged in
          Is 'guest" your test account name?
          Have you tried clicking on the log out to see what happens?

On our site I don't see how removing the <!--START: username--> and <!--END: username--> could mess with the site.

Removing the <!--START: login-->LINK HERE<!--END: login--> might though

Comment

Working...
          X