Daily Deals Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Deals Not Working

For anyone else already on v4, is the Daily Deals module acting properly for you now? It worked just fine for us the first two days. Now, though, we cannot add any other products to our Daily Deals. Whenever we click on Save, the pop-up window appears asking if we want to save all changes, but when we click yes the new data disappears. We have tested this on both Mac and PC computers, using Firefox, Safari, and IE with the same result every time. It isn't a caching problem, because when we spoke with Tech Support about this on Friday we were able to see the changes when they added a deal for us from there. We are still unable to get it to work again for us, though. Baffling!
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Configuation For Daily Deals

Looks like 2 of the stores I manage are upgraded to v4. I was unable to configure the daily deals at all. I successfully added a product and enabled the feature and put it on my home page. It just displayed 'No Deals Currently Available'.

Also, is there any way to configure or stylize the Daily Deal box? It's too wide and the fonts do not match for my site.

Thanks,

Jerry

Comment

My new site had daily deals working (but I turned it off). Now old site is upgraded but when I set up a deal, it shows some of the wording but not the box, no link to the product, no countdown timer - is this working for anyone?

If you are seeing "no deals available" - be sure you clicked to "activate" and that it is currently within the time constraints you set (or click activate now)
      Pat Cotter

The Preemie Store

Comment

be careful not to do the dumb thing I did which was I thought I was clicking "activate" but the box is actually delete and I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't save the deal...DOH My daily deal is now working on my site, at least last I checked

Comment

Originally posted by Toobusy View Post
          be careful not to do the dumb thing I did which was I thought I was clicking "activate" but the box is actually delete and I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't save the deal...DOH My daily deal is now working on my site, at least last I checked
          Haha! That is what we were doing. The design makes it look like you have to check that box in order to activate the deal, when it is actually the Remove box. Thanks!
          Laura Z
          Brass & Silver Traditions
          www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Originally posted by brassandsilver View Post
            Haha! That is what we were doing. The design makes it look like you have to check that box in order to activate the deal, when it is actually the Remove box. Thanks!
            I had to go to LiveChat to find out what a dufus I was being on the "activate" box....at least they have patience with you when features don't work due to operator error :eek:

Comment

Although I can create as many daily deals as I want it seems you can only have one active at a time. Im a bit bummed by this unless im missing something.

Anyone successfully able to have more than one running at one time?

Comment

It is only one at a time, the rest are on a queue in your sort order.
                When one finishes the next in line gets activated automatically so you don't have to.
                Elegant Weddings +
                www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Anyone know how to set it up so current discounts arent given? Probably not anyway to do this. I offer bulk discounts off all my items, but with daily deal, if I have an item on DOTD (or DD I guess), it gives the lower price PLUS the discount.

I think I am just going to have to clone my items and have them without discounts and use the clones for the DOTD.

Comment

One thing I noticed is that I had a group buy and a daily deal running at the same time. When the daily deal expired it auto created a daily deal with the same product as the group buy so i now have a daily deal and group buy for the same item on my home page. Surely this was not 3dcarts intentions.

Comment

rburton it sounds like thats what you are going to have to do.

Comment

Originally posted by hanzoswords View Post
                        One thing I noticed is that I had a group buy and a daily deal running at the same time. When the daily deal expired it auto created a daily deal with the same product as the group buy so i now have a daily deal and group buy for the same item on my home page. Surely this was not 3dcarts intentions.
                        I have daily deal and Group Deal running at the same time but it didn't create the same deal for both, once one expires it creates the one next in line according to my sort order.

Check your deal items to see if the same one is added to both when the deal was originally created.
                        Elegant Weddings +
                        www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                        www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Hi guys:

I just got back into town from visiting my parents in Germany...

I know we got an update, can anybody please post the link, so I can figure out where things are? I looked in the promo manager to see if I had this daily deal thingy in there, but I did not. That probably means I have to do something before I can proceed.

Thanks for your help.
                          Uta

Comment

Originally posted by hanzoswords View Post
                            rburton it sounds like thats what you are going to have to do.
                            Yeah I figured I would have to do something like this. Ugh... That will be my new weekend project.

Comment

Originally posted by Littledogfashion View Post
                              Hi guys:

I just got back into town from visiting my parents in Germany...

I know we got an update, can anybody please post the link, so I can figure out where things are? I looked in the promo manager to see if I had this daily deal thingy in there, but I did not. That probably means I have to do something before I can proceed.

Thanks for your help.
                              Uta
                              Go to

/admin/dailydeals_settings.asp

and set up your deals. You have to enable it under store settings. You have to paste the code given in the link above where you want the deal to show. I dont want my "deal box" on the home page so I am creating a new category with the link at the top of the page for the deals.

Edit for spelling error.
                              Last edited by rburton34; 07-27-2011, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X