Saved Carts - Is there any way to delete OLD saved carts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saved Carts - Is there any way to delete OLD saved carts

When we were upgraded today, the first thing I activated was the Saved Cart feature. So then I logged into my "testing customer" account, and went to go see how it worked. Strange thing is that although I just activated the feature, I've got saved carts listed on the "My Account" screen since January 2011. Obviously I hadn't saved them, so 3dCart has been doing some saving behind the scenes. That's fine, except I can't delete those old saved carts from the "My Account" screen.

Since we get a lot of repeat business, I would hope there's a way to be able to delete old saved carts that are no longer needed by our customers. Any thoughts on how to accomplish that? Anything that can be saved SHOULD be able to be deleted too.... ;)

I was just experimenting with this feature myself... I also noticed the old saved carts...

You can delete the saved cart by going to "continue order" and then removing all the items from the cart... however this is clunky... we need a button right on the saved carts window in the account settings!

Comment

It's quite easy to delete old carts. In admin, go to Orders -> Not Completed. Select the ones you want to delete and at the bottom of the page select delete from the dropdown. Click apply.

Comment

Originally posted by wcsjohn View Post
        It's quite easy to delete old carts. In admin, go to Orders -> Not Completed. Select the ones you want to delete and at the bottom of the page select delete from the dropdown. Click apply.
        Those aren't the ones I'm referring to. These are the customer's saved carts, found on the My Account screen when a customer is logged into your store. I want a way for the CUSTOMER to be able to delete their saved carts.

Comment

Originally posted by piaf View Post
          Those aren't the ones I'm referring to. These are the customer's saved carts, found on the My Account screen when a customer is logged into your store. I want a way for the CUSTOMER to be able to delete their saved carts.
          Ah, never had a customer request that. Sorry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by wcsjohn View Post
            Ah, never had a customer request that. Sorry about that.
            Its a brand new feature in the v4 up date... your site does not seem to have any of the v4 features yet, which maybe why you have not had customers ask this.

I see this being a big problem in a few months when customers have started stacking up saved carts... lets say they have 20, the account window is going to look cluttered, and they are going to have to spend 20 minutes going through and removing all items from all of their saved carts!!

I feel like this feature, like all the others, has only been half thought out. They said "hey, lets add a save cart, we can put it on our list of features", but then never actually thought about the most important thing "how will people actually use this"... im sad

Comment

Anyone figure this one out yet?

I am so frustrated with all the half cooked features in 3dcart. Would it just be way too hard to add an X next to each saved cart?

Comment

Working...
              X