Category Quick View - Related Items & Accessories Not Showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Category Quick View - Related Items & Accessories Not Showing

Just activated the Category Quick View and I'm loving it! One thing I wanted to see if others were having the same problem.... the quick view shows "related items" and "accessories" tabs next to the description tab when the product has "related items" or "accessories", but if you click those tabs in the Quick View, they don't display anything. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Good catch - we are having a similar problem. When we click those tabs nothing happens at all.
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

I noticed the same thing - I "think" I've verified that all of the upsell/related products code wasn't added to the quickview template. We use Link for related items and QTY box for up-sell items.

All display types [link, checkbox, qty box] are supposed to be coded into the template and whichever type has been chosen in the settings for that category is the one populated.

When I look at the quickview code, all I see is code for <!--START: related_items0--> and <!--START: accessories_items0-->. That means upsell and related items won't show unless you're using the "link" category upsell/related items settings.

If you look at the v3 templates, there is code for accessories_items0, accessories_items1, and accessories_items2, etc... and the same for related items.
      Last edited by tclifesafety; 07-25-2011, 05:52 PM.
      Chris
      TC Life Safety
      TC Wireless

Comment

I am pretty sure we're using Link for both Related items and Accessories (we don't have Qty boxes or checkboxes on any of the listings), but I can't remember where the settings are to double check that. But if we ARE using links for both types, it's still not working. :confused:

Comment

Nevermind, found it in the category advanced settings. Yeah, we use the Link setting for both types.

Comment

My site also does not display the related items in quick view, however, when I tried it from my motorola zoom, I can see them there so it may be a browser issue. I also noticed an error on page (IE) when clicking the related items tab. Boy, I really hope 3d cart helps us with these issues as it seems like most of the new features are not working properly... (for me anyways)

Comment

I like this feature, as well as the quick view.

Ditto. Related items do not work.

Also, how would you style or edit the box html?

Comment

Also, how would you style or edit the box html?
                ../assets/templates/v[xxxxx]/quick_view.html
                Elegant Weddings +
                www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

3dCartHenry can you please acknowledge?

And save us from hours and hours of run around and fixes.

I know that as a great cart the boards are watched very close after a update and as we are your feelers we can use just a tiny reply.
                  Last edited by Go Live; 07-26-2011, 01:11 PM.
                  Clayton
                  Go Live Industries

Comment

When I select continue shopping from quick cart the quickcart page opens full screen and does not allow you to shop.

(I may have a java conflict)

Can anybody get this to work on there site?
                    Clayton
                    Go Live Industries

Comment

I had it enabled once we were upgraded yesterday and I was able to use all of the functions. I don't have it enabled now because I'm doing some design changes - but it did work.
                      Chris
                      TC Life Safety
                      TC Wireless

Comment

Originally posted by Go Live View Post
                        When I select continue shopping from quick cart the quickcart page opens full screen and does not allow you to shop.

(I may have a java conflict)

Can anybody get this to work on there site?
                        I tested our site on Safari, Firefox, and IE and it seems to be working properly for us.
                        Laura Z
                        Brass & Silver Traditions
                        www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.
                          Laura I did check your site and it worked fine however the test wasn't apples to apples cause your site goes to cart while mine stays on the cat page.

Anyway I fixed it, the problem was the continue shopping action has always been set to Referrer had to change to last cat.
                          (referrer being, "quick view window")

Works fine now!
                          Last edited by Go Live; 07-26-2011, 04:51 PM.
                          Clayton
                          Go Live Industries

Comment

Related items is now working!
                            Clayton
                            Go Live Industries

Comment

When one adds to cart via quick_view the listing page loads every time.

Has anyone figured out how to stop this potential bandwidth hog from behaving this way? I see an increase in the page "product.asp"
                              Clayton
                              Go Live Industries

Comment

Working...
                              X