Changing wording on invoice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing wording on invoice?

Can anyone help me out. I need to add some wording to the invoice that prints out and I enclose with the order.

I want to add some wording at the bottom of the invoice that explains our backorder policy but don't know how or where to do that.

Everyone's help is much appreciated.

Sunshine Daydream Hippie Shop
    www.sunshinedaydream.biz

Let's start with the obvious first. I am assuming that you are comfortable with editing templates. If not let us know.

The invoice template can be found in Settings/Design/Themes & Styles. Then click the Edit Templates button. Look for "invoice_print.html" and edit. Using basic HTML, you can add/remove/change just about any wording.

Comment

You can also change the info on the invoices by going to Settings>General>Merchant Information. On that page you can enter the text as you want it to appear in the Invoice Terms section.
      Laura Z
      Brass & Silver Traditions
      www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Originally posted by brassandsilver View Post
        You can also change the info on the invoices by going to Settings>General>Merchant Information. On that page you can enter the text as you want it to appear in the Invoice Terms section.
        Thanks Laura, I completely forgot about that!

Comment

If I enter it under the "invoice terms" of the merchant info section, where does that show up to the customer? On the invoice or packing slip that I print out or just on the order shipped email that goes out.

thanks.

Sunshine Daydream Hippie Shop
          www.sunshinedaydream.biz

Comment

Info entered there will not be on the email, it will print on the invoice and packing slip. If you want it only on one or the other then you would need to edit the template itself as Barry already suggested. You could, of course, add the same information to the email receipt as well if you wanted it there too.
            Laura Z
            Brass & Silver Traditions
            www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Working...
            X