Quick View strange behavier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick View strange behavier

The Add To Cart Action: no longer will stay on same page.
    There is now a selection:
    • Quick cart
    • View Cart
    • Checkout

It is now more of a hassle to simple add to cart as the quick view pops up.
    Has anyone figured out how to not bring up quick view when simple adding to cart?

Also
    After adding to cart from quick view, the page seems to unnecessary load the listing page.

As it stands it is more bandwidth and a hassle to use the quick view.
    As our shoppers add many items to there cart.

Can someone shed some light on what I may be doing wrong. I have tried and tried and have now disabled the quick view in fear of lost orders.

Your reply is truly appreciated!
    Last edited by Go Live; 07-29-2011, 01:45 PM.
    Clayton
    Go Live Industries

Clayton, are you confusing Quick View and Quick Cart?

It seems that the standard behavior for Quick Cart is to go the detail page, I don't know why, because that is not quick any more.

Hopefully 3dcart will give us the option again to stay put on the category or search page.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
      We use them both. Just disappointed that quick view is not quick if you have shoppers that add alot to cart.

Quick view is only quick to view product details, but again not quick for those that love to shop and add multiple products. :(
      Clayton
      Go Live Industries

Comment

<nods> It seems as though he's interchanging the terms back and forth and it's hard to keep up with his posts regarding these two topics. :(

Comment

The quick cart behaves directly when using quick view!
          For those using add to cart action: view cart and checkout do not experience this problem.
          We like our customers to remain on the same page when adding to cart.
          Is there a way to disable the new quick cart as we have our cart in the right column?
          Last edited by Go Live; 07-27-2011, 02:42 PM.
          Clayton
          Go Live Industries

Comment

OK for the former users of the add to cart action: set to "remain on same page".
            It seems the new Add to cart: quick_view action is taking over the page and if you still want to remain on the same page when adding to cart then you will need to not use quick_view at all.

We love quick_view of the listing page but the quick_view of Quick_cart seems to disrupt the flow of adding multiple items to cart. (but then again so does the add to cart action: "view cart" and "checkout" that many web masters seem to enjoy in fear of the customer not being able to find the cart? For me it's an invitation to checkout and an unnecessary step to continue shopping, when we truly want the customer to add more items to there order!).

History of Quick_view:
            Quick_view is not new to 3dcart some of you have been using it and know it as quick_search. You know the items that apier when you try to type in the search box. In fact if you use quick_search you do not need the extra JS files for quick_view.

Hope this helps those that would still like to use the add to cart action: remain on same page. Now you will have to weigh the options.

Maybe in the future 3dcart will separate this action.

Good Luck to all of you!
            Clayton
            Go Live Industries

Comment

I am completely with you Go Live. The way Quick Cart is set up now is bad for sales.
              I want the old behavior of 3.2, and I cannot get it back. I think Quick Cart is adversely affecting our sales.

My customers used to be able to sit on the category page and add item after item to their cart without neither going to the cart or product page. Now I cannot replicate this behavior even after turning off the Quick view.

Is there a trick to do this on V4?

Comment

I am completely with you Go Live. The way Quick Cart is set up now is bad for sales.
                I want the old behavior of 3.2, and I cannot get it back. I think Quick Cart is adversely affecting our sales.

My customers used to be able to sit on the category page and add item after item to their cart without neither going to the cart or product page. Now I cannot replicate this behavior even after turning off the Quick view.

Is there a trick to do this on V4?
                Thats the idea way it should work. Why did it change??

Comment

elightbox remove the JS for quick_view in your frame header see if that helps
                  Code:
                  <link media="screen" rel="stylesheet" href="/assets/templates/common/js/quick_view.css" />
                  <script src="/assets/templates/common/js/quick_view.js"></script>
                  And of ofcourse uncheck quick_view and set add to cart action to: quick_cart (does your site offer the cart in the column who knows that may be why My site works without quick_view of quick_cart)

Sure would be nice if 3dcart offered support for us fellow testers. I just don't get it! We did not ask to be part of this experiment without support. Seems very unfair! to say the least.
                  Clayton
                  Go Live Industries

Comment

Any one who wants the "stay on the page" option back instead of the quick cart, view cart or checkout please submit ticket. If enough people ask for this 3D will give that option as well. It is not a major code change to give the option we already had.

We have received too many calls from customers not wanting to place the order online, due to the nuisance of the popup. As such not must buyers want to go directly to view cart page or checkout as they may want to add more stuff.
                    Elegant Weddings +
                    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Ticket submitted.

I think "Quick Cart" would not be so bad if it was not so cumbersome.
                      If a customer is on the Category page and clicks "add to Cart", the "Quick Cart" loads the product detail page each time an item was added to the cart, and then load the "Quick Cart" pop-up taking too long, not to mention the band width, and then if you have the "Continue Shopping" set to Category page, it will re-load the Category page again if the customer clicks "continue shopping".
                      That is too many page re-loads for a simple "add to cart"

The "Quick Cart" should be a soft pop-up with no page refreshing. The Mini-Cart can also be set to self refresh without re-loading the whole page.

I was really excited to use the Quick View and Quick Cart, unfortunately I can't use either one.

Comment

Exactly
                        Most carts display the quick_cart far a few seconds then disappear.

We cannot use the quick_view feature at all either. We were told that nothing would change and that is not true as I am learning that the sort by is also broken.

I am seeing lots of :( and :mad: all up and down this forum and we are all being ignored like it is our fault! I understand that if we made changes then it is on us to adjust or revert. But the scope is far beyond that. I don't get it!

We need support staff all up and down this forum. This does not LOOK good as it seems the care taker has stepped out!:( :mad:

Let's hope it gets fixed soon!

I would love to say things are great and we are being attended and I'm sure you do too.

elightbox were you able to get the add to cart to work?
                        Last edited by Go Live; 07-29-2011, 01:34 PM.
                        Clayton
                        Go Live Industries

Comment

I really like and do want the quickCART, but I did notice that when the quickVIEW is turned on, adding to quickcart from the quickview window causes the background category page to go to the product listing page, instead of staying put, defeating the purpose of quickview or quickcart, which is to be quick so folks can browse more and add more. (It seems that pressing continue shopping in quick cart will make it go back to category page, but pressing the x button to close the quick cart will not.)

And yes, the reload in the background was a little distracting. Ajax is to make things seem smooth. Having the ajax-popup-window-background-fade works better if the background doesn't reload.
                          Last edited by widgets; 07-29-2011, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by widgets View Post
                            I really like and do want the quickCART, but I did notice that when the quickVIEW is turned on, adding to quickcart from the quickview window causes the background category page to go to the product listing page, instead of staying put, defeating the purpose of quickview or quickcart, which is to be quick so folks can browse more and add more. (It seems that pressing continue shopping in quick cart will make it go back to category page, but pressing the x button to close the quick cart will not.)

And yes, the reload in the background was a little distracting. Ajax is to make things seem smooth. Having the ajax-popup-window-background-fade works better if the background doesn't reload.
                            Please submit a ticket about this, we are all noticing this on the quick-cart and it is i am sure eating the bandwidth up every page load after adding to cart.

We like the quick cart feature however, it should be a feature that appears on the screen and dissappears after a few seconds as mentioned by @Go Live. It shouldn't disrupt the flow of order placement.
                            Elegant Weddings +
                            www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                            www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

I think something that will please everyone is a simple ajax response saying that your item has been added, without a whole cart popup. There seems to be no in-betweens. On one end is a page reload with no indication the item has been added, on the other is go to cart or quickcartpopup.

Comment

Working...
                              X