Quick View strange behavier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elegantweddings, well said.

Just submitted a support ticket as well.
    I still have a support ticket from march 16th (4 1/2 months old) not resolved by level 2 support.

I think I'll go ahead and subscribe to my own thread. If this gets fixed without a whole new JS file we may be able to use the quick_view as well. Unbelievable!

May have to use our own ajax for the added to cart notice, but still won't be able to use quick_view. :(
    Last edited by Go Live; 07-29-2011, 06:51 PM.
    Clayton
    Go Live Industries

Comment

Arrrrggghhhhh!

I created a ticket for this quick-cart fiasco. Support closes the ticket indicating it is fixed. Their Solution: Hide Quick Search

What I wanted was to fix the quick-cart to function as it should, to keep the customer on the page without having to click on any buttons to do so. LightBox to appear and disappear on its own. Also keep the quick search functioning as it was.
      Or
      Opt out of the quick cart and keep it as was prior to V4

/rant
      :(
      Elegant Weddings +
      www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
      www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

So what does "Hide Quick Search" actually solve? I must have missed something.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
          So what does "Hide Quick Search" actually solve? I must have missed something.
          It disables the quick-cart feature along with quick-search feature.
          Elegant Weddings +

Comment

We like the quick cart feature however, it should be a feature that appears on the screen and dissappears after a few seconds as mentioned by @Go Live. It shouldn't disrupt the flow of order placement.
            Not sure if this would help OR if it would even work ... but .... The 3DFeedback "Thank You" screen disapears after a few seconds. Maybe this could be incorporated to work with the Quick Cart. I have not even played with this yet, so I could be waaay off.

There is a java script code at the bottom of the feedback_thankyou.html :
            Code:
            <script language="javascript">
                setTimeout('self.close();', 5000);
            </script>

Comment

Maybe I am missing something here, but I am completely confused. We are using both Quick View and Quick Cart and love them both. When we add something to cart from the Quick View window, it takes us to the Quick Cart. From there, if we select Continue Shopping, it goes right back to the category page. Is it not working that way for all of you?!? We are liking both features very much, and haven't had even one complaint.
              Laura Z
              Brass & Silver Traditions
              www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Originally posted by brassandsilver View Post
                Maybe I am missing something here, but I am completely confused. We are using both Quick View and Quick Cart and love them both. When we add something to cart from the Quick View window, it takes us to the Quick Cart. From there, if we select Continue Shopping, it goes right back to the category page. Is it not working that way for all of you?!? We are liking both features very much, and haven't had even one complaint.

It does what you said, but the purpose of a quick-cart is a simple lightbox on it's own.
                @elightbox sums it up better:
                I think "Quick Cart" would not be so bad if it was not so cumbersome.
                If a customer is on the Category page and clicks "add to Cart", the "Quick Cart" loads the product detail page each time an item was added to the cart, and then load the "Quick Cart" pop-up taking too long, not to mention the band width, and then if you have the "Continue Shopping" set to Category page, it will re-load the Category page again if the customer clicks "continue shopping".
                That is too many page re-loads for a simple "add to cart"

The "Quick Cart" should be a soft pop-up with no page refreshing. The Mini-
                Cart can also be set to self refresh without re-loading the whole page.
                Elegant Weddings +

Comment

"the "Quick Cart" loads the product detail page each time an item was added to the cart"

...But our isn't doing that! If we add to cart directly from the category page, the window pops open, but it never loads the product detail page. It stays right on the category page, so if you click Continue Shopping from the pop up window, it just goes right back to the category page.
                  Laura Z

Comment

"the "Quick Cart" loads the product detail page each time an item was added to the cart"

...But our isn't doing that! If we add to cart directly from the category page, the window pops open, but it never loads the product detail page. It stays right on the category page, so if you click Continue Shopping from the pop up window, it just goes right back to the category page.
                    I just tested your site... it does indeed load the product page... You don't notice it because you have it set to take you back to the category page when you click "continue shopping".

The problem is that your whole site has been loaded three times, when one is all that was necessary.

Here is the REAL problem... they are not using "ajax" for any of this stuff... they are floating an iframe above the content. So its even worse than all you think, because the page is ALSO loading in the iframe each time. iframe to "ajax" is like tables to css... 3dcart has clearly gone with older technology once again (and they wont change, they never have got rid of the tables). They have this fascination with web architecture from 2002!

Comment

This thread hurts especially.There was one possible effective solution mentioned, However it would involve working with 3dcart which would involve miracles.

an ajax popup for when a product is added saying "product_id successfully added to cart"

For this, there needs to be separate settings to effect the function, for EACH 'add to cart' button INDIVIDUALLY

Then change "view cart" pullup the quick_cart that your customer clicks so seldomly
                      Last edited by millionaire; 08-01-2011, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Ah, I see that now. I guess it doesn't concern us much since it goes right back to the category page, but I can certainly understand your dissatisfaction.
                        Laura Z

Comment

as is i'm paying minimum 5k for some design and code tweaks........ hope 3d doesn't continue to sell on out...
                          Last edited by millionaire; 08-01-2011, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Ah, I see that now. I guess it doesn't concern us much since it goes right back to the category page, but I can certainly understand your dissatisfaction.
                            I think it will greatly increase your bandwidth?????

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
                              I think it will greatly increase your bandwidth?????
                              We haven't seen a significant increase thus far, but we will continue to watch that, of course.
                              Laura Z

Comment

If you press the x to close it instead of the continue shopping button, it doesn't take you back to the category page, the visitor unexpectedly ends up at a different page, the product page.

Comment

Working...
                                X