Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick View strange behavier

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    We need to push for a simple added-to-cart response feature, just a soft popup lasting a few seconds or something small and less intrusive, to inform the customer that an item has been added.

    I think this will solve everyone's problems, and this should be easy for 3dcart to implement. While I really love the large show-the-cart-popup concept, 3dcart's implementation of it isn't smooth enough. As I tried it more, it just seems too distracting as the background reloads backandforth.

    Same for the quick view feature. I love the concept, but 3dcart's version reloads the background to the top of the page when used. Slightly distracting.
    Last edited by widgets; 08-01-2011, 01:40 PM.

    Comment


    • #32
      Hi All I do have an answer to this problem. I told myself that I was going to stay off the forum till 3dcart fixxes some of the problems that you all are having. I don't know what I was thinking!
      Originally posted by Barry View Post
      There is a java script code at the bottom of the feedback_thankyou.html :
      Code:
      <script language="javascript">
          setTimeout('self.close();', 5000);
      </script>
      Nice try but this code would work for a popup window only. We are working with a iframe anyway in the view_cart_quick.html template fing the following:
      Code:
      <td class="price-info" height="60">Subtotal: <span class="price">[CARTSUBTOTAL]</span></td>
      			</tr>
      			<tr>
      				<td align="center"><input type="button" style="width:175px;" value="[viewcart_continue-shopping]"onclick="parent.location.href='[continue_url]';" height="5" class="btn" onMouseOver="this.className='btn_over'" onMouseOut="this.className='btn'"></td>
      Replace the text in red with:
      Code:
      "close_modal();"
      Place the new template in your default template folder then re enable quick view.

      This will close the window when one clicks to "continue shopping"
      No more bandwidth overuse at the expense of a clumsy customer experience :mad:
      I also recommend removing the JS for quick_view if you already are using the JS for quick_search. :mad:

      I too received a closed ticket "sorry for the inconvenience".

      Now for some more good news: We can now add to cart from the Home page without going to the detail page.

      ENJOY!
      Last edited by Go Live; 08-01-2011, 03:05 PM.
      .
      Clayton
      Go Live Industries

      Comment


      • #33
        Thanks @GoLive this saves me time and bandwidth ;)
        Thank goodness for merchants who are programmers :D
        Elegant Weddings +
        www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
        www.elegantweddingsplus.com

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Go Live View Post
          ... I also recommend removing the JS for quick_view if you already are using the JS for quick_search. :mad:
          Ok, we use both Quick Search and Quick View. If I remove the JS for Quick VIEW, my Quick VIEW stops working. In our store, the JS for Quick SEARCH does not appear to control Quick VIEW as GoLive suggests. I have to have both for each component to work.

          Comment


          • #35
            Piaf you had your own set of problems with div tags for quick_view. I have never installed the quick_view JS and have no reason to add java that already is in place under another name.

            We must all be careful of extra bandwidth that we get with these updates.
            By checking for extra code that is not needed.
            Old JS files no longer in use. Nobody is going to tell you to remove these old files as it would be conflict of interest.

            I did run into another problem with quick_view. I am trying to change the add to cart behaver or just remove it.

            So you may want to hold off on the code change above. Seems we need a more full circle solution. When I get more time!
            .
            Clayton
            Go Live Industries

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Go Live View Post
              Piaf you had your own set of problems with div tags for quick_view.
              No, I haven't had any issues with div tags, I was just trying to help NMTEACO answer a question about the div tags. My quick view works perfectly, I have no issues with it. I was just noting that if I remove the JS script you're telling everyone to remove, then my Quick View stops working.

              Comment


              • #37
                Anyway to use quick view so the user stays on the category page when they add an item to the cart? This is the frustrating thing for me. Cant use it because it takes the user off that upselling category page.

                And if we dont use quick view, we dont get the added to cart pop up which is confusing.

                It should work like this:

                Quick view to show the items details. Click add to cart, that screen goes away and the cart screen pops up. After a few seconds, it goes away. The customer is still on the category page and can add another item.

                If the click add to cart without quick view this how it works.

                Note to 3D Cart:

                Quick View is used so the customer doesnt have to go to the actual item page - SO WHY ARE YOU SENDING THEM TO THAT ITEM PAGE WHEN THEY USE QUICK VIEW????????????????????

                :rolleyes: :confused:
                Last edited by rburton34; 08-01-2011, 05:54 PM.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
                  Anyway to use quick view so the user stays on the category page when they add an item to the cart? This is the frustrating thing for me. Cant use it because it takes the user off that upselling category page.

                  And if we dont use quick view, we dont get the added to cart pop up which is confusing.

                  It should work like this:

                  Quick view to show the items details. Click add to cart, that screen goes away and the cart screen pops up. After a few seconds, it goes away. The customer is still on the category page and can add another item.

                  If the click add to cart without quick view this how it works.

                  Note to 3D Cart:

                  Quick View is used so the customer doesnt have to go to the actual item page - SO WHY ARE YOU SENDING THEM TO THAT ITEM PAGE WHEN THEY USE QUICK VIEW????????????????????

                  :rolleyes: :confused:
                  Ours does keep them on the category page when they use Quick View. It also keeps the customer on the category page when they use the Quick Cart. The only time they go to the product detail page is if they click on the X to close the Quick Cart instead of clicking Continue Shopping or Checkout. If they click Continue Shopping, they are directed back to the category page. That might not be perfection, but for us it is way better than not having these features at all.
                  Laura Z
                  Brass & Silver Traditions
                  www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by brassandsilver View Post
                    Ours does keep them on the category page when they use Quick View. It also keeps the customer on the category page when they use the Quick Cart. The only time they go to the product detail page is if they click on the X to close the Quick Cart instead of clicking Continue Shopping or Checkout. If they click Continue Shopping, they are directed back to the category page. That might not be perfection, but for us it is way better than not having these features at all.
                    Actually, they do go to the product page when you add to cart from the category page. You can see it reload in the background, and then they take you back to the category page when you click continue in the popup window. For a smooth experience, the background is supposed to stay static and not reload, refresh or even move to the top of the page, and let the activity be only in the popup. Otherwise, it is distracting. If you look at the 3dzoom product image feature, that is what everyone wants. Nothing loading or refreshing in the background.

                    One simple fix might be to darken the background even more, so you don't notice that they go to the item page, and then back again, but as others pointed out, it wastes bandwidth.
                    Last edited by widgets; 08-01-2011, 07:19 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by widgets View Post
                      Actually, they do go to the product page when you add to cart from the category page. You can see it reload in the background, and then they take you back to the category page when you click continue in the popup window. For a smooth experience, the background is supposed to stay static and not reload, refresh or even move to the top of the page, and let the activity be only in the popup. Otherwise, it is distracting. If you look at the 3dzoom product image feature, that is what everyone wants. Nothing loading or refreshing in the background.

                      One simple fix might be to darken the background even more, so you don't notice that they go to the item page, and then back again, but as others pointed out, it wastes bandwidth.
                      Yes, you are right, I did see that as you describe it when using the Quick Cart, but as I understood it, rburton had been talking about the Quick View, not the Quick Cart. If we are only talking about the Quick View, it stays on the category page.
                      Laura Z
                      Brass & Silver Traditions
                      www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by brassandsilver View Post
                        Ours does keep them on the category page when they use Quick View. It also keeps the customer on the category page when they use the Quick Cart. The only time they go to the product detail page is if they click on the X to close the Quick Cart instead of clicking Continue Shopping or Checkout. If they click Continue Shopping, they are directed back to the category page. That might not be perfection, but for us it is way better than not having these features at all.
                        On my site, I go to a category page and click quick view, category page refreshes (this increases bandwidth) and the quick view screen opens.

                        When I click Add to Cart from the quick view screen, quick view closes, the item pages loads then the quick cart screen opens.

                        When I click Continue Shopping, the quick cart page closes and I am on the item page.

                        There is NO reason for the item page to load - thats the reason for quick view. I want customers to STAY on the category page. If anyone knows how to do this I am all ears....

                        Its really odd that so many users here are seeing so many different things happening with these new features.

                        Edit to add: Another thing I dont like is you have to use quick view to get quick cart to work. Without quick view on, the quick cart screen never loads. The item is added to the cart but its confusing because nothing alerts the buyer the item was added.

                        Why doesnt the quick cart work when quick view is turned off???
                        Last edited by rburton34; 08-01-2011, 07:46 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by brassandsilver View Post
                          Yes, you are right, I did see that as you describe it when using the Quick Cart, but as I understood it, rburton had been talking about the Quick View, not the Quick Cart. If we are only talking about the Quick View, it stays on the category page.
                          @rburton is talking about adding to cart via quickview.
                          from the category page, hover over a product -> click on quickView -> light box opens
                          from this box add to cart -> you see the product listing page opens in the background -> close the light box -> you are no longer on the category page.

                          EDIT: what @rburton said above, he beat me to it! at least good to know great minds think alike ;)
                          Elegant Weddings +
                          www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                          www.elegantweddingsplus.com

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by ElegantWeddings View Post
                            @rburton is talking about adding to cart via quickview.
                            from the category page, hover over a product -> click on quickView -> light box opens
                            from this box add to cart -> you see the product listing page opens in the background -> close the light box -> you are no longer on the category page.

                            EDIT: what @rburton said above, he beat me to it! at least good to know great minds think alike ;)
                            Exactly. My customers are being directed to the item page when adding an item to the cart via quick view.

                            Why??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I just tested on another site and the action happening on my site is not happening on their site. I stayed on the category page when I added an item to cart via the quick view screen.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Quick View, Quick Cart, and Quick Search all work in unison.
                                Sadly You cannot disable one and expect to others to work :mad:

                                I have checked the checkbox for https://elegantweddingsplus.3dcartst.../help_icon.gif Hide Quick Search in Settings>General>Store Settings for now until a more cumbersome solution is at hand.
                                Elegant Weddings +
                                www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                                www.elegantweddingsplus.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X