Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Live
    replied
    It has been reported and I can confirm that the add to cart action in IE now goes to the Home page instead of the product listing page. At any rate that is not staying on the Category page as we have been told.
    It seems support has gave up on this and so have I. :(

Even though most of us have stopped using Quick_view and Quick_cart cause it is so slow we are all forced to use view cart instead of none cause none does not work in IE.

So for many of us v4 was a loss of function. And many are not willing to have slow sites just to get this function back.

Now I understand that the developers are proud of Quick_view and Quick_cart so we may never get back what we lost. Even though we won't use Quick?

It's sad cause I was beginning to get excited about using Quick View. But after using quick for one day the site is so slow (on a few occasion would not load the window at all) we have to stop using it too. So we are left with no quick and no stay on Category page when a item is added to cart.

So as you can see we too are done with the whole Quick thing it's just not working in IE. But in answer to the form thing. Yes I am sure one could add the code for the add to cart button to be a form for each button. But for me just not worth pursuing as I have now turned off Quick.

You are in a unique position and do not have a add to cart button on the Category page and that is what seems to be the biggest problem at this point and time.

I really like your quick_view solution http://forums.3dcart.com/general-con...ution-top.html
    And the View Cart popup http://forums.3dcart.com/general-con...-pops-out.html
    These seem to be very doable
    At this point I would stay away from the Quick_cart and use view cart for those that have add to cart buttons on their Category pages.

Thanks for all your help (that sure is a sweet site you got)
    Best of sales to you!
    Last edited by Go Live; 08-13-2011, 09:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NMTEACO
    replied
    Originally posted by Go Live View Post
    You have no add to cart button on the Cat page to test.

But yes otherwise stays on the cat page with the use of Quick_view then Quick_cart.
    Oh... i think i see what your saying... yes, because all my products have options (you have to select 1oz 4oz 8oz ect...) I don't have the add to cart button.

So just the normal add to cart button takes you to the product page page after you click it... that's kinda ridiculous!

I bet there is a way to use the form add to cart button even if your not using that template... can you just cut and paste the code to make the add to cart button like it is on Brass & Silver Traditions?

Leave a comment:

• Go Live
    replied
    You have no add to cart button on the Cat page to test.

But yes otherwise stays on the cat page with the use of Quick_view then Quick_cart.

Leave a comment:

• NMTEACO
    replied
    I have only seen one site (Welcome to Brass & Silver Traditions) that stays on the Category page when adding to cart.
    Will you check mine in your browser, I have tested it both in IE9 and 8... seems to work after i did a revert and then made my changes again.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Go Live
    replied
    Not in IE.

I have deleted my custom Quick templates over a week ago. I am using the default templates. As of today we have begun using the quick and have gave up on the site ever working as it did.

I have only seen one site (Welcome to Brass & Silver Traditions) that stays on the Category page when adding to cart. And Laure is using the multi_product add to cart template that uses a form and not a link as your normal add to cart template does.

Leave a comment:

• NMTEACO
    replied
    But now quick_cart loads the home page in the BG at least in my template (essentially dumping the customer on the home page) So for me I would need to sniff the browser and load a different Quick_cart template.
    This problem has been solved... you have to revert back to the stock quick_view.html template and then make your changes again. I believe they added more code in the last few weeks. When I did this my quick_cart.html stayed on the category page.

Leave a comment:

• Go Live
    replied
    Originally posted by NMTEACO View Post
    You should be able to get the cart back to the way it was before v4 if you turn off the quick features and set add to cart action to "none"... Is this wrong?
    In theory yes but not in IE. The add to cart link and behavier have changed with the addition of Quick? Weather it is enabled or not.

So moving forward I favor the idea of the quick_cart to vanish after a few seconds and in the beginning played with that idea. But now quick_cart loads the home page in the BG at least in my template in IE (essentially dumping the customer on the home page) So for me I would need to sniff the browser and load a different Quick_cart template.
    • Make the default the customized template for all browsers With the close JS.
    • A IE sniffer redirect for the child window to the default template under a different name.

Then keep a eye on the whole situation every time Chrome, safari, and the like come out with a new browser just to see what additional sniffers will be required.
    Or just leave it alone.

Leave a comment:

• NMTEACO
    replied
    Update for those following this tread:

We are going to give up on the idea of our site ever working as it did over a month ago before v4.
    You should be able to get the cart back to the way it was before v4 if you turn off the quick features and set add to cart action to "none"... Is this wrong?

My understanding is that the issue comes into play if you want to use quick view but not quick cart, in which case after adding to cart it will take you to the product page... but if you don't use quick view, and use a template that lets you add multiple items to the cart from the category page, would not this achieve what you want?

Leave a comment:

• Go Live
    replied
    Update for those following this tread:

We are going to give up on the idea of our site ever working as it did over a month ago before v4.
    Seems 3dcart wants us to use Quick_cart along with clumpy essesive loading in order to get the site to return to the category page when adding to cart using IE.
    Moving forward, David at NMTEACO has introduced some very cool elements be sure to check them out as we all use more bandwidth and begin to enjoy the new slower v4.

Leave a comment:

• Go Live
    replied
    Thanks David for the reply.

You see I don't want quick anything. Just want the site to remain on the Category page as it did in IE when adding to cart.

Nice quite little site and the Quick has done you well, Congrads!

Leave a comment:

• NMTEACO
    replied
    Has anyone got the add to cart action to stay on the Category page with the action set to NONE in IE?
    We are still unable to get this to work since Quick_view was introduced in V4.
    One month now and still going round and round with support. Beginning to wonder if anybody from support understands what we have lost with this last upgrade.

(We like our customers to remain on the Category page when adding to cart. In IE they are taken to the detail/listing page. So since the add to cart action of NONE does not work for IE we are now using the view cart action. Now this is not our desired action as we would prefur they shop and not walk the customer to the door)

If anybody has got this to work as it did please do share!
    My cart now stays on the category page in non IE browsers... If you have edited your quickview code at all, you need to revert back to the stock quick-view and then make your changes again. They have updates the stock template files in the last week or so to keep you on the category page.

Go live... since the cart now stays on the category page... you can add JavaScript to the quick cart to close the window automatically after 2 or 3 seconds... this way it will be like a popup that just says the items were added to the cart. You will need to change the look of the quick cart if you do this. Take the continue shopping button and the checkout button off... If you have these buttons showing, but then automatically close the window after a few seconds then your customers will think there is something wrong. Then they will start racing your cart to click the button. However if you just have it show the items in the cart, but without any buttons or anything, people will assume its just a preview window.

Leave a comment:

• Go Live
    replied
    Has anyone got the add to cart action to stay on the Category page with the action set to NONE in IE?
    We are still unable to get this to work since Quick_view was introduced in V4.
    One month now and still going round and round with support. Beginning to wonder if anybody from support understands what we have lost with this last upgrade.

(We like our customers to remain on the Category page when adding to cart. In IE they are taken to the detail/listing page. So since the add to cart action of NONE does not work for IE we are now using the view cart action. Now this is not our desired action as we would prefur they shop and not walk the customer to the door)

If anybody has got this to work as it did please do share!

Leave a comment:

• piaf
    replied
    Originally posted by NMTEACO View Post
    My quickcart also now goes to the home page in the background if coming from quickview...

You can test it here:

www.nmteaco.com/greentea.html
    Yes, I see the home page pop up in the background. Using FF beta5.

Leave a comment:

• NMTEACO
    replied
    Originally posted by piaf View Post
    Post your URL so we can test it. :)
    My quickcart also now goes to the home page in the background if coming from quickview...

You can test it here:

www.nmteaco.com/greentea.html

Leave a comment:

• piaf
    replied
    Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
    I do wish someone would use the 3DFeedback on my site and give me their opinions... Not one person has used the feedback feature.
    Post your URL so we can test it. :)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X