Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hits on Server more than doubled after upgrade.. Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hits on Server more than doubled after upgrade.. Problem?

Looking at: Reports --> Statistics

My sits have gone from 3,000-4,000 a day to 12,000 to 15,000 hits a day immediately after the upgrade to version 4.0 - Google Analytics shows absolutely no change to visitors or hits.

What is causing 3x the amount of hits. What in V4.0 is causing additional hits to the server? I have not even changed or added anything since the update?

3dCart has probably changed those settings again. It isn't the first time they have done so - several months ago they altered something that caused a massive drop in hits according to their stats. Maybe they have changed it back. We don't rely on those reports at all any more, as their reliability was pretty unstable. Woopra gives us all the data we need in that regard.
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

LOL! My report shows I haven't had any visitor or hits for the past 3 days. tmilone103, you must have received all my customers and hits!

Sheesh, ok 3dCart, what's up with this funky report?

Comment

ours have gone up ten-fold. :rolleyes:
        www.concession-supply.com

Comment

My bandwidth seems up a lot too considering Google Analytics is the same as usual - going to cost me this month for extra bandwidth... :(
          Pat Cotter

The Preemie Store

Comment

A few months ago we had made some changes to the Statistics, and Chat, that were causing slow downs since the data was being calculated in real-time.

V4 resolved this by taking the information from visitors and processing it hourly.

The reports are now accurate, vs, before it would stop counting if traffic was heavy on your store.

Now, if you are seeing 10,000 hits and have no visitors, that sounds like a technical issue and please do submit a ticket, but, other than that, the stats should be similar to the ones you see on Google Analytics for example if you have that installed.
            ----------------------------
            Gonzalo Gil
            3dCart Support
            800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Cotter View Post
              My bandwidth seems up a lot too considering Google Analytics is the same as usual - going to cost me this month for extra bandwidth... :(
              Note that bandwidth meter resets on the 1st of each month so since we are at the end of the month you probably are seeing a full month's usage being reported on the admin home screen.
              ----------------------------
              Gonzalo Gil
              3dCart Support
              800-828-6650 x111

Comment

my bandwidth traffic is over by 50 percent this month, and sales are not indicative of that. i smell a rat to be honest im paying on like 15 gigs of overages this month ive never been anywhere near that high and traffic seems to be about my normal average numbers according to woopra and google analytics.

Comment

Gonazlo theres definitely an issue. 15 gigs over this month no way in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by hanzoswords View Post
                    Gonazlo theres definitely an issue. 15 gigs over this month no way in hell.
                    Welcome to 3dcart. Must be all those hits from your articles. 3dcart stats are 100% accurate according to the programmed reports. You are very popular over here without the additional sales. :rolleyes: VERY complex issue for sure!
                    Last edited by Go Live; 07-29-2011, 07:33 PM.
                    Clayton
                    Go Live Industries

Comment

We're a lot higher than our normal overages this month as well. Traffic has gone up according to analytics, but not THAT much.

Comment

After the upgrade, bandwidth doubled in average and server activity is high.
                        Elegant Weddings +
                        www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                        www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

General question. Just curious ... but those seeing higher than normal bandwidth since the v4 upgrade, are you guys/gals implementing the new features (quick cart, quick view, feedback, daily deals, etc)?

Comment

Good question! My bet is Quick View with the search bots.

I wonder if something can be added to the robots.txt file to reduce the BW issue.

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                            General question. Just curious ... but those seeing higher than normal bandwidth since the v4 upgrade, are you guys/gals implementing the new features (quick cart, quick view, feedback, daily deals, etc)?

Comment

Working...
                            X