Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3D Feedback errors and QUick View.js errors

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3D Feedback errors and QUick View.js errors

    My sales have tanked over the last couple of days. In testing I am finding two issues.

    In IE, when I go to the checkout page I get an unsecured error. After testing, it ended up being the 3D Feedback causing this. I turned it off and that error went away.

    But, when the checkout page loads there is a "Done but with errors on page" thing on the bottom of the browser. When I clicked it, I get the information below:

    Code:
    Webpage error details
    
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; Comcast Install 1.0; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; IEMB3)
    Timestamp: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 00:01:34 UTC
    
    
    Message: Object expected
    Line: 12
    Char: 1
    Code: 0
    URI: https://www.MYDOMAIN.com/assets/templates/common/js/quick_view.js
    Seems there isnt a lot of "features" in V4 that are working properly. V4 might need to be changed to VFLOP. Batting 1000 in not being able to use the features.

    Is anyone else seeing either of these errors in IE? BTW, I was also getting an error when using the quick cart. Turned that off too.

    Edit to add: The quick view error is actually on all pages, not just the checkout page.
    Last edited by rburton34; 07-29-2011, 06:11 PM.

  • #2
    remove the referance to the quick_view JS and the other referance as stated in the quick_view pdf as it is not needed if you have quick_search JS in place on the frame. you can check you source code)

    It feels like PSs all over again. Everybody running in circles making there own code just to keep things together and preventing security warning from popping up just to make a sale. I had my hand in redoing code cause the support staff went home for the weekend and left us all with no regard. Not a fun place to be.
    .
    Clayton
    Go Live Industries

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Go Live View Post
      remove the referance to the quick_view JS and the other referance as stated in the quick_view pdf as it is not needed if you have quick_search JS in place on the frame. you can check you source code)

      It feels like PSs all over again. Everybody running in circles making there own code just to keep things together and preventing security warning from popping up just to make a sale. I had my hand in redoing code cause the support staff went home for the weekend and left us all with no regard. Not a fun place to be.
      Thanks. I removed it and that error is gone. Still having issues with the feedback. Going to put in a ticket. It is happening when the feedback window pops up. Something there is "unsecured". An image perhaps??? I assume its on 3D Carts end.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hmmm. I just tried the Feedback feature on another 3D Site and get the same error in IE. When you select NOT to download the UNSECURE items, the feedback form doesnt work. The stars dont appear, clicking the various links to add feedback dont work.

        3D goofed this one up... :eek:

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
          Thanks. I removed it and that error is gone. Still having issues with the feedback. Going to put in a ticket. It is happening when the feedback window pops up. Something there is "unsecured". An image perhaps??? I assume its on 3D Carts end.
          In the name of sales I would just turn off all the new features till the politicians are back in session. I'm not going to fix these things as I did at PSs. Time to go play catch with the kids.

          Good Luck!
          .
          Clayton
          Go Live Industries

          Comment


          • #6
            Funny thing is 3D Cart appears to have turned the Feedback off on their own site, lol. So they KNOW its not working correctly and they dont disable it on OUR stores or at least alert us....

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Go Live View Post
              In the name of sales I would just turn off all the new features till the politicians are back in session. I'm not going to fix these things as I did at PSs. Time to go play catch with the kids. Good Luck!
              Amen to that! LOL. Imagine the webmasters/cart owners that are not code savy and have to fend for themselves! Not a good situation. Hopefully these "bugs" will be ironed out by 3DCart.

              BTW: I myself stopped trying to add any of the new v4 features after my "wrestling match" with the 3Dfeedback module. At first try, I spent an hour just trying to make it "customer friendly". But I finally lost the battle! I will wait, I'm in no hurry.

              Comment


              • #8
                Ya the feedback form, what a joy, with the sort by not working I did a quick test and figured that the tab folders were displaying by folder order on the server. I was able to rename and relocate to get the feedback form to display as desired. But have now turned it off as well for the moment.

                I guess were not as prestigious as I have thought. I wish all eagle would stop flying long enough for a little reflection, we can all use some comfort right now.
                We need to feel that we're in good hands. The users of this forum are reaching out. And not to mention a great source that is being monitored silently. There have been no updates since the 21st by Henry. (this cannot be real, can someone please pinch me)

                Like the rest of you I too am lost! and don't understand.

                I was taught that to appear on top of your game you must have the answers or others will have them for you.

                If this is a plea of concern then I hope our prayers are being heard and attended to soon! Cause right now I'm sure we all feel a huge disconnect.

                And I don't know what else to say but we deserve more!
                .
                Clayton
                Go Live Industries

                Comment


                • #9
                  was it ie8 or ie9 that you were getting the error? have you checked your security settings? im using ie9 and no errors unless i havent gone far enough in the checkout.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The error is in the 3dfeedback pop-up itself. If you launch it from within a checkout page, you will see the security error. I was able to replicate this. If there is another error, I am not aware of it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      At least I know I'm not going crazy! I had enabled the 3d feedback for a short time last week and I was getting "not secure" warnings on Chrome, even when I was in the admin. I later disabled it because I was struggling with another issue that I found, but when that didn't resolve it I placed a call to support thinking that during a move to another server my SSL hadn't been installed properly. Clearing the cache fixed that, but like others I will not enable it again until I know all the bugs have been worked out.

                      Regarding the quick_view, it must be my reading comprehension, but which templates do we need to check if we were using customized templates for category and frame? Where do we go to compare to a V4 frame? Like I said in another thread, my common folder does not have a frame.html at all, nor do I have any of the new V4 layouts when I FTP.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i just did it in IE9 and no error for me.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          it looks like the culprit is jquery.rating.min.js , running insecurely on a secure site.

                          I could be wrong, perhaps some from 3D can verify this
                          Elegant Weddings +
                          www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                          www.elegantweddingsplus.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by hanzoswords View Post
                            was it ie8 or ie9 that you were getting the error? have you checked your security settings? im using ie9 and no errors unless i havent gone far enough in the checkout.
                            IE8 and your site was one I tested. I got the error when I went to your checkout page and when I selected to only download the secure items the entire feedback pop up was useless. No stars, no clickable links, no nothing.

                            Edit: I get this too (removed your url):

                            Code:
                            Webpage error details
                            
                            User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; Comcast Install 1.0; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; IEMB3)
                            Timestamp: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 18:17:24 UTC
                            
                            
                            Message: Object expected
                            Line: 46
                            Char: 9
                            Code: 0
                            URI: http://www.xxxxxxxxx.com/assets/templates/common/3dfeedback/js/3dfeedback.js
                            Last edited by rburton34; 07-30-2011, 12:19 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by elightbox View Post
                              The error is in the 3dfeedback pop-up itself. If you launch it from within a checkout page, you will see the security error. I was able to replicate this. If there is another error, I am not aware of it.
                              Yes, checkout page. It appears they might be working on it. Yesterday none of the links that open the comment area were clickable and the Send/Cancel buttons did not work. Today they are but stars still dont appear. There is still a "done but with errors..." notice in the bottom of the browser.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X