Quick View for edited templates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick View for edited templates?

I would like to use quick view, but I have been unable to get it working on my edited template...

There seems to some special <div> tags needed around the image, however 3dcart support has been unable to tell me what the tags should be.

The support document states:

"If by chance, you are not using thumbnail.asp or perhaps changed the value from 150px, the quick view won’t automatically inject the required divs and will require further manual modification of the category templates."

Has anyone had any luck activating quickview on a template where they have changed the thumbnail size?

-David

I've got quick view activated for my site, so I looked at the source code for one of my category pages to see if I could find out what div tag is near the thumbnail.asp file reference in the code. I don't see anything. I'm completely stumped regarding what they're referencing in the instructions. There are NO div tags anywhere around/near those thumbnail.asp references in the category page code. If you want to look at the source code for one of my category pages, send me an IM and I'll send you our web site URL.

Comment

To use quick view make sure quick search is also enabled. Otherwise I don't think there are any special tags required.
      However when somone is on the category page, and they add a product from the quick view pop-up, they will be taken to the product page.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
        To use quick view make sure quick search is also enabled. Otherwise I don't think there are any special tags required.
        However when somone is on the category page, and they add a product from the quick view pop-up, they will be taken to the product page.
        That makes no sense. The customer should stay on the category page so they can add more items to the cart BUT a pop up is needed so they know the item WAS added.

This wasnt thought out very well. I am sure it wont be fixed though - "working as intended". :(

Edit to add: This feature should work just like Target.com. A billion dollar a year company and I guarantee they tested and tested and tested and found keeping the customer on the category page is the BEST way to go.
        Last edited by rburton34; 08-01-2011, 09:15 AM.

Comment

... However when somone is on the category page, and they add a product from the quick view pop-up, they will be taken to the product page.
          That's not what happens in our store. We have it set up to go to the View Cart page anytime someone adds a product to the cart, and if they add the product to the cart using the new Quick View, they still go to the View Cart page as they always have in our store. So I think it depends on the default action you choose in your store's setup as to what happens when a product is added to the cart from the Quick View page.

Comment

I have quick search enabled... and quick cart is working fine! (other then those pesky scroll bars I can not get rid of)... I just got an response to my support ticket:

----------------
            Our designers where able to do some minor testing, and where able to determine that the issue is with the customization done to the category pages. They offered to investigate further but their would be a charge for the design trouble shooting service.
            ----------------

This is ridicules on two fronts... OF COURSE the issue is with the customization... that's the whole point of my problem, i'm trying to figure out how the feature works so I can implement it.

Second, they want to charge me because they don't have complete documentation on the feature... All I am asking is for information on how the feature works, at a base level, so I can implement it myself, yet their help pdf does not answer these basic questions.

On a side note, they are using Iframes for both quickcart and quickview... I was hoping that they would have used modern techniques for this "new" feature... (example, if you click on a link in the quickview to another part of the store it loads the page inside the quickview menu, then they have had to put code on every page (through the quick search javascript) to pop the window out of the iframe) This results is an extra second or two for the customer, and a janky looking situation. Its the tables issue all over again!

Comment

Working...
            X