Import Images into Category List & Detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import Images into Category List & Detail

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am wanting to import pictures right into the product category, detail, etc. I can't stand the thought of having to do that 1 at a time. There must be a better way.

I imported all the pics so they were in my file manager. Then I imported the products including the name of the image. It loads all in as it should, including the product image name, but the product just shows up as one of those little squares when there is an error.

I'm stumped:confused:
    AvaBaby's Preemie & Newborn Boutique
    EcoBaby Chic Organics
    doTerra Origins Essential Oils

Originally posted by EcoBaby1 View Post
    Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am wanting to import pictures right into the product category, detail, etc. I can't stand the thought of having to do that 1 at a time. There must be a better way.

I imported all the pics so they were in my file manager. Then I imported the products including the name of the image. It loads all in as it should, including the product image name, but the product just shows up as one of those little squares when there is an error.

I'm stumped:confused:
    Check you links for those images, perhaps there is a mistake (typo) on it.
    If you can put your site url here I can check.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Here is the link. It seems I am missing the path. The image is in the file manager, and in the prod info/images...but how does it find it's way to actually appearing there?

https://avababys.3dcartstores.com/Pr...and_p_225.html
      EcoBaby Chic Organics

Comment

Taking this product as an example, https://avababys.3dcartstores.com/Ba...lle_p_101.html
        You have the image link as : assets/images/blankies/blue_chenille.jpg
        This comes from "image1" field in your import/export .csv.
        check your sub-folders, image names etc

You should be able to re-import just the image fields along with the mandatory catagoryId field, once you fix it to reflect the appropriate image.
        Not sure if you are familiar with the export/import utility in 3D admin panel, the knowlegebase has an article to help with this : https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...&nav=0,123,125
        Elegant Weddings +

Comment

so do all of my file folders need to be called the same thing in my old store and in my new? I have a bad feeling they do, or I can't simply upload them......the path has to be the same?
          EcoBaby Chic Organics

Comment

so do all of my file folders need to be called the same thing in my old store and in my new?
            Not necessarily
            or I can't simply upload them......the path has to be the same?
            The path has to match to the folder you have your images in. Check your filemanager to figure out the folder names and image file names.
            ideally all images should be directly in assets/images/ or subfolders under it assets/images/[sub_folder]/[image_name.ext]
            Elegant Weddings +

Comment

Thank you so much for trying to help me. I am just trying to wrap my thoughts around how this happens. So.....

#1 I uploaded pictures into folder, Assets>Images>SeylaRaine, it is there

#2 I have imported the product which contains the image name, it is there

Where do I get the path inserted by way of import so that the image knows how to get to the correct product?

I see in the image spread sheet where you put the product id which is: SRGH-PCS, the image which is: assets/images/SeylaRaine/7-14-11-2 - Copy.JPG.

I tried to import that info and it imported 0 files. So I am missing something
              EcoBaby Chic Organics

Comment

you have spaces in your link, see where I put the square brackets, "[]-[]Copy.jpg" :
                assets/images/SeylaRaine/7-14-11-2 - Copy.JPG.

But the actual link does not have spaces:
                https://avababys.3dcartstores.com/assets/images/SeylaRaine/7-14-11-2-Copy.JPG

I am very much against having spaces in file names. 3D will remove spaces in file names automatically.

But if that's how you want it then that's fine. But now every thing is uploaded best thing to do is modify the import file and remove the spaces in the image link and re-upload.
                You can upload just the image links along with the catalogID, no need to import all other columns.
                Elegant Weddings +

Comment

Don't put spaces in your images... just sayin'

Comment

If you HAVE to designate a space in the filename, use an underscore _ .

So in your example, name it like this instead: 7-14-11-2_-_Copy.JPG

Database driven programs (like online shopping carts) DO NOT play well with spaces in filenames. :)

Comment

Hmmmm, thanks for pointing that out. I don't know how the space ends up there. It is not in the original and all I did was cut and paste. On the actual uploaded image the spacing is not there???

But, anyways, I removed the spacing and at least it showed that a file was uploaded, but it doesn't go into the product.

What is the imageid?
                      EcoBaby Chic Organics

Comment

I don't know if this matters, in Excel it says it should look like this:

assets/images/SeylaRaine/7-14-11-2-Copy.JPG

but in my file manager it does not show "assets", just images. Does it automatically make the path include "assets"?

Can someone please point me to a step by step:confused:
                        EcoBaby Chic Organics

Comment

In 3dcart, the path to images should be yourwebsite.com/assets/images/ - then any folder name and the name of the image.
                          Pat Cotter

The Preemie Store

Comment

Ok, went back and read some more of your posts - if you are uploading your products by uploading a spreadsheet - you should have in the field for image 1 - assets/images/<any folder name>/<image name>

you can try going into Edit Products and manually match up an image with a product - then download your product list and you'll see exactly how it should look in the upload.
                            Pat Cotter

The Preemie Store

Comment

but in my file manager it does not show "assets", just images. Does it automatically make the path include "assets"?
                              the "assets" implied on the FileManager.
                              Elegant Weddings +

Comment

Working...
                              X