Inventory Levels Changing Randomly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inventory Levels Changing Randomly

We have had issues with our inventory levels changing. We'll get a new product in, say 40 units, we'll update our inventory, and a couple days later it will be at 0 or -1 and they are NOT tied up in any orders.

Obviously this is really frustrating as we're losing money since people cannot buy them. People are frustrated because it appears that we're out of stock.

Has anyone else had this happen? Any clue as to why this would be happening?

Thanks for any help that could be offered.

Mike
    www.KarensCookies.net
    Cookie Decorating Simplified

Wow - if this happened to me I would have a disaster on my hands. Hope you submitted a high priority ticket.
    C Ekman
    Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
    http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

Originally posted by maksum View Post
      We have had issues with our inventory levels changing. We'll get a new product in, say 40 units, we'll update our inventory, and a couple days later it will be at 0 or -1 and they are NOT tied up in any orders.

Obviously this is really frustrating as we're losing money since people cannot buy them. People are frustrated because it appears that we're out of stock.

Has anyone else had this happen? Any clue as to why this would be happening?

Thanks for any help that could be offered.

Mike
      I have the opposite happening. If I marked something out of stock, I notice a few days later someone will order it. This happened multiple times 2 weeks ago with the same item, then this week two orders came through containing an out of stock item - set out of stock last Friday.

I suspect it is someone finishing up a previously non completed order but when I tested this theory, the cart removed the item.

Comment

HEY! This has happened to us a few times recently too. I had been assuming it was some sort of weird user error on the part of one of my staff members. Now I'm not so sure. Just this morning we had an item that should have been -18 suddenly become -1 with no explanation at all. Since it was a back order item it wasn't a problem, but it sure could have been. Now I'm worried!
        Laura Z
        Brass & Silver Traditions
        www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Just had the same thing happen here.

I've had items that I THOUGHT were changing but just tonight I had one that I know had a sufficient quantity but I got a wait list notice for it.

Sure enough, inventory showed 0.

Has anyone opened a ticket on this?

Comment

I had this happen to me today also. Thought I was just loosing my mind, but I don't think so. It was on an item that we have advanced options set up on and each option had about 9000 in stock, so the total for the item should have been approximately 72000, but it showed zero on the product information page and I got a waiting list notice.

Comment

Sounds like a serious issue.
              Hey, 3dcart, can we backout to version 3.2? :confused:

Comment

This thread terrifies me.

If my inventory levels are off I honestly don't know what I would do. I have most of my inventory in a database and could reload the entire database but I have nearly 600 colors of thread that I only entered in my 3DCart product listing under advanced options.

If these are wrong I would have to get out boxes upon boxes of thread and count them by hand and reenter them.

Do you think I could charge 3Dcart an hourly wage for doing that?

I'm going to spot check those counts later today.

I HATE this thread - it's giving me nightmares.
                C Ekman
                Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
                http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

It is certainly a concern, but it for us it has only been a few products, not a widespread problem. It is also impossible for us to know with some of the discrepancies if it was an error on our end, so that might be the case with some items. We are definitely triple checking our numbers, though.

We haven't put in a ticket yet, but if we find more errors today we most likely will.
                  Laura Z

Comment

I put in a ticket, but the response I got was not helpful. I don't think they understood what I was saying had happened. I did, however, try to clarify it further. This terrifies me too. I can't check every product in every store every day to see if the quantity in stock is correct.

Comment

same has happened to me but have caught it and has not be to serious YET

I have the opposite happening. If I marked something out of stock, I notice a few days later someone will order it. This happened multiple times 2 weeks ago with the same item, then this week two orders came through containing an out of stock item - set out of stock last Friday.
                      This will happen if someone saves a product on the product page on there computer and then opens it at a later date and orders. You in the meantime have run out of stock but there saved cookies think it is still good

jeff
                      http://www.canadianghosthuntersupplies.ca

Comment

That cookies thing is probably what happened to us. We sold out of a product and then later someone was able to order it when our stock was zero!

Comment

Happened to me again today. An item went out of stock last week. Someone ordered it Sunday. Stock showed 0 when I checked.

Comment

Possible work-a-round:
                            When an item is out of stock or not for sale, remove them from the Orders>Not Completed : Filter by Item ID/Sku

I find this method works for me for now for the out of stock items being purchased.

I know this is not ideal, as you may want those carts available for the customer to comeback and purchase from at a later date. I haven't tested this method with the "Save Cart" feature to see if that will remove those as well.

Normally I will only leave an abandoned cart around for 5 business days unless the buyer put their name email address etc.
                            Elegant Weddings +
                            www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                            www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

In our case, that has nothing to do with it. We delete our Not Completed orders on a daily basis. There is something else at play, I just don't know how to determine what that is. In the meantime, we are checking the numbers of all items that are low/out of stock on a daily basis for accuracy.
                              Laura Z

Comment

Working...
                              X