Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading products to Google

Hello:

So I followed the instructions given in the knowledge base section on how to upload your products to Google. But it did not work. I went back here and found some information that said to download notepad++ which I have done.

Now my question: when I download my product feed from 3d and save it on my computer, do I import it into notepad? And how do I need to change the columns so that Google will finally accept my products?

If you guys could give me a hand, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Uta

Hello again:

I got my txt file into Notepad++. I used the "edit with" option and it is there.

Now, I seem to remember that somebody said you have to take out all of these guys " and replace them with '' (2 singles) is that correct?

Is that all I have to do? Or are there other things that need to changed?

Thanks again.
    Uta

Comment

Easier Way

If you have properly set up your Google feed, just click on the Generate Feed button. Save it to your computer. Manually upload it in Google Merchant Center. No need for Notepad!

Hi Uta! :)

Comment

Originally posted by celebra1 View Post
        If you have properly set up your Google feed, just click on the Generate Feed button. Save it to your computer. Manually upload it in Google Merchant Center. No need for Notepad!

Hi Uta! :)
        This is correct - I've been doing this for years. I create the google feed and save it to my computer.

I log onto my merchant account, select MANUAL FEED, browse for the file I just saved and then upload it.

Then just wait for google to do their thing. Hopefully 3dCart didn't mess with this in the new version - it worked FINE. Would prefer it was automated - but as long as it works I'm OK with it.
        C Ekman
        Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
        http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

Good morning:

Okay, I must not have made a mistake when I set up the feed. Because it is not inserting my products. Where do I need to go to check to make sure I am doing it right?

The error messages I receive when I try uploading the feed are:

1. too many column eliminators

2. invalid date time format in attribute: expiration date

3. invalid price

If anybody has encountered and conquered these issues, I would appreciate your input on how to fix this.

Thanks,
          Uta

Comment

Originally posted by Littledogfashion View Post
            Good morning:

Okay, I must not have made a mistake when I set up the feed. Because it is not inserting my products. Where do I need to go to check to make sure I am doing it right?

The error messages I receive when I try uploading the feed are:

1. too many column eliminators

2. invalid date time format in attribute: expiration date

3. invalid price

If anybody has encountered and conquered these issues, I would appreciate your input on how to fix this.

Thanks,
            Uta
            1. too many column eliminators - you extra columns in the feed that contains no data

2. invalid date time format in attribute: expiration date : the new date format should be YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss

3. invalid price - Should not contains a "$" and must have only 2 decimal points
            Elegant Weddings +
            www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
            www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Okay, I am officially confused.

I just checked randomly and with the exception of the date, I can not find the extra columns with no data or the price thing. So I don't know what that is all about now.

Is there a quick fix for the date? Or do I have to go one by one?

Thanks,
              Uta

Comment

I just checked randomly and with the exception of the date, I can not find the extra columns with no data or the price thing. So I don't know what that is all about now.

Thanks,
                Uta
                Open your data file in Excel (or other spreadsheet program)
                If you see any columns that only has a column header and no data.... remove that column or add proper data to it.
                Check to see if you have have any blank cells in certain columns too, that may result in an error.

To set the date format, you can do this in excel as well.
                Select the date column > right click > Format Cells : Category - Custom, Type: YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss

For the price, usually the message is if you have a currency symbol with the value.
                Elegant Weddings +
                www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Google Feed

Check your messages coming in on your website Contact form

Comment

Google Feed

Thanks,
                    Uta
                    Tends to be tricky with google base feed. Took me a while to figure it out. Still error here and there but fix them. If you don't have it fixed let me know,i will copy some of my code but first have to erase the entries :D

Comment

I just got our new site active yesterday and I'm also having problems with getting our products into Google. I've gone through the previous problem - wrong date format, but not sure why. I understand the YYYY-MM-DD format, but what is the Thh-mm-ss and what do I do with it? Obviously the hh-mm-ss is hours, minutes, seconds, but does T stand for time? 3dcart doesn't output anything beyond the YYYY-MM-DD. I got the errors on the time format until I imported the text file output by 3dcart into Excel, then saved it as a MSDOS format file, which looks like it's in tab delimited format. I now get errors that state: "URLs do not belong to your website". The URL output by 3dcart is "http://www.yankeesurplus.3dcartstores.com/product.asp?itemid=21". I'm guessing that since Google Base requires that we verify our web sites (ours is www.yankeesurplus.net), it doesn't recognize www.yankeesurplus.3dcartstores.com. Is this correct? And how do I fix it?

Thanks for all the support here.

Tom

Comment

Tom,
                        Sounds like your URL is still set to the 3D default (demo?) URL.
                        In settings/general/store settings go all the way to the bottom and change the store URL to the real one. (Pretty sure this is correct but been a while so you might call tech to confirm). Your on the shared SSL right now so leave the secure URL alone.

After the change create a new feed and it should have the correct URL's.
                        Last edited by mondo; 09-03-2011, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Mondo:

Yes, it was set to the store default. Unfortunately, it still gives me the yankeesurplus.3dcartstores.com feed after I changed it to 'www.yankeesurplus.net'. I made sure that the cache was cleared and also closed and reopened the 3dcart admin window, just in case. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X