Quick cart - IE not appearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick cart - IE not appearing

I have implemented the quick cart - love it. However, it does not appear in internet explorer. Safari, Firefox and chrome it appears beautifully. Can anyone provide any insight to why it is not visible in IE?

update

I have isolated the issue to IE9

Comment

I can confirm that we too are having problems with quite_? in IE8.
      Good Luck!
      Clayton
      Go Live Industries

Comment

quickcart ie problem

Go Live, just got off with support and this is a known bug. can you give me your url? i would love to take a look.

Comment

Mine appears to be working but I still dont understand the whole homepage loading in the background when you add something to the cart.

Homepage loads, click Continue Shopping and the category page loads.

Quick cart could have been implemented without the unnecessary bandwidth eating page refreshes.

Comment

Originally posted by ajessey View Post
            Go Live, just got off with support and this is a known bug. can you give me your url? i would love to take a look.
            I do not believe in playing the ignore game so her is my standard answer.
            Sorry, nice try. :)
            Rock on!
            Clayton
            Go Live Industries

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
              Mine appears to be working but I still dont understand the whole homepage loading in the background when you add something to the cart.

Homepage loads, click Continue Shopping and the category page loads.

Quick cart could have been implemented without the unnecessary bandwidth eating page refreshes.
              I am still talking with NO Quick anything! (as before, we lost this feature with v4)
              Clayton
              Go Live Industries

Comment

just got off with support and this is a known bug.
                Hi ajessy

The “known bug” that was communicated to you when you contacted support may have been inadvertently shared out of context or otherwise not presented properly by our agent. For that I apologize. Rather than a “known bug” with 3dcart, what the support agent was referring to is an issue with IE9 in particular. After reading the chat transcript we see that he provided you with a link to Microsoft’s help file regarding the compatibility view in IE9.

Why do some webpages look incorrect in Internet Explorer 9?

While this is a known issue with IE9, I must stress that the problem (and eventual fix of it) is not something WE can control. It is something on Microsoft’s end, and your support agent was referring to posting it and viewing its progress on their forums rather than ours. Again, I apologize if this wasn’t clarified correctly by the support agent.

Now, for the most up to date information on QuickView/QuickCart, you may want to review this previous thread which details many of the specific issues surrounding the QuickView, and QuickCart features that were experienced by our users shortly after it was released. While we did correct some functionality problems during that thread, the base function should now work with all browsers.

Some things to keep in mind however are in regards to site customizations. In order to function correctly, the Quick features require certain elements that must be present on your templates. In cases where the site has been highly customized, these features may not always work. After looking at your site, I notice it does have some design changes that differ from the norm. It’s very nicely designed, but it’s possible some coding changes in the templates may actually be affecting the functionality you’re experiencing. Unfortunately, our support personnel would not be in a position to trouble shoot or report something as a bug unless it could be recreated on the base templates. However, the forum thread I posted includes references to the various elements you’ll need to have as well as some very helpful advice and coding changes from some of our users that may help you in determining the cause of the problem on your particular site design. To be clear, these are custom coding changes suggested by users, so I cannot technically condone them, but at the very least they may help you pinpoint the cause of the problem on your site.

Again, our apologies if the “known bug” was misrepresented by our support personnel, but they were referring to the IE9 compatibility view rather than a known bug here.

Comment

Working...
                X