What is this shipping error???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this shipping error???

I have more problems with stupid shipping errors with this platform than I ever imagined I would have here. Again, its a DAILY problem. I am really thinking of packing up here and leaving 3D.

Can anyone explain to me what this shipping error means and how to fix it?

"The maximum per package weight for the selected service from the selected country is 150 pounds."

I saw this when I was going over my non completed orders.

90% of my non completed orders are shipping quote related. Support is of zero help so I am hoping someone here can tell me how/where to fix this issue. All they do is ask for my UPS.com log in information and tell me "a manager will have to investigate".

Under shipping settings > Max Box Weight (Lbs) I have this set to 70 lbs
    Under shipping methods > UPS Ground I have the weight set at 300

:mad:

Under shipping methods > UPS Ground I have the weight set at 300
    Maximum for UPS Ground is 150 lbs to USA or Canada, this could be your problem.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

It was originally set at 150. Support told me to change it to 300 because after that weight, the shipping method will not show.

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
        It was originally set at 150. Support told me to change it to 300 because after that weight, the shipping method will not show.
        Sadly support is wrong about this, UPS will issue the error "The maximum per package weight for the selected service from the selected country is 150 pounds." if any of the boxes exceeded 150.
        You can test this on UPS.com just put any from/to zip codes and put the weight to over 150...
        Elegant Weddings +

Comment

What happens if an order is over 150#??

Comment

I believe then it splits in to multiple boxes.... the 150 limit is max per box.
            Elegant Weddings +

Comment

I would actually suggest talking to your UPS rep about this. After 150 pounds I think UPS requires either multiple boxes or that you switch to using UPS Freight service. I do believe Elegant Weddings is right - this is UPS policy and has nothing to do with 3dCart. Your UPS rep should be the best person to help you determine the best solution. They are very good at that sort of thing.
              Laura Z
              Brass & Silver Traditions
              www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Working...
              X