Updating my customized templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating my customized templates

I'm ready to update my customized template files (based on template v30014) with v4 code but am a little confused about the best way to do this.

Can anyone suggest the best workflow for this process?

Here's what I've done so far:
    • I made back-up copies of my v30014 customized files and the v3 Common files on my pc
    • I ftp'd the contents of the current (v4) common folder to my pc (called it Common v4)

What's the next step? Do I need to look at each file in my v30014 folder and compare it line-by-line to it's corresponding Common v4 file?

I could swear Support had a list somewhere of all the files which have updated code, but I can't seem to find it today.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! mimi

Because we have quite a bit of customization, we did a search in the 3dCart Knowledgebase for the term "v4". That pulled up info on all the new features introduced with version 4. Then we decided which features we wanted and the read the articles and followed the instructions to implement them.

For those features which had template changes, there were instructions directly in the knowledgebase OR there were instructions in the downloadable PDF file with info on what parts of the template code to look for and what parts needed to be updated.

So that would be my first suggestion to you... go through the knowledgebase at 3dCart Support Center, do the search for everything with v4 in it, and then go from there, educating yourself about the new features and deciding what you want to implement in your store.

Comment

Working...
    X