Group Deals FYI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Deals FYI

I just started running Group and Daily deals.

The Group Deal I ran is for a product with an option that customers fill in some information in a text area box (basically the product is a "pick x products from these categories and enter them in the text area.)

I got word from a customer that on adding it to their cart the option box did not pop up asking them for the information so he supplied it in a separate email.

I posted a ticket and got this response:

"Unfortunately, the group deals tool does not currently support the use of product options.

To work around this, you may want to create some new individual products from the different options so you can assign one of those to the group deal.. it isn't a perfect solution, but will at least allow you to offer each version of the item one at a time.

Our developers are looking into allowing options to work with the daily deals now and we hope to be able to offer this soon."

The solution proposed isn't really workable for me (and I assume most who would want to do this) and my customers appear to be emailing or entering in an order comments checkout question text area which is fine for now. I wonder how long it will take to get this fixed.

Anyone know if options work for Daily Deals?

I don't understand why the feature wasn't completed before it was rolled out though. Reminds me of the insurance issue - not being available on the 1 page checkout so it makes that feature unusable.

I'd like to know this too, I currently have a daily deal running and this might be why no one has purchased it.

Comment

I just tried your daily deal and it did allow me to choose a color and did put the correct color in the cart. (I removed the item from the cart so no worries on my incomplete order) Looks like the daily deal works for options

Comment

Originally posted by BrigadeGames View Post
        I just started running Group and Daily deals.

The Group Deal I ran is for a product with an option that customers fill in some information in a text area box (basically the product is a "pick x products from these categories and enter them in the text area.)

I got word from a customer that on adding it to their cart the option box did not pop up asking them for the information so he supplied it in a separate email.

I posted a ticket and got this response:

"Unfortunately, the group deals tool does not currently support the use of product options.

To work around this, you may want to create some new individual products from the different options so you can assign one of those to the group deal.. it isn't a perfect solution, but will at least allow you to offer each version of the item one at a time.

Our developers are looking into allowing options to work with the daily deals now and we hope to be able to offer this soon."

The solution proposed isn't really workable for me (and I assume most who would want to do this) and my customers appear to be emailing or entering in an order comments checkout question text area which is fine for now. I wonder how long it will take to get this fixed.

Anyone know if options work for Daily Deals?

I don't understand why the feature wasn't completed before it was rolled out though. Reminds me of the insurance issue - not being available on the 1 page checkout so it makes that feature unusable.
        I believe the problem you are having is that you did not make the option required, so clicking add to cart without specifying anything as the option still works.

Make the option required and this won't happen.
        ----------------------------
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Golonzo -

Yes I stand corrected. I guess you must have seen this and got tech support to correct their original statement to me as they contacted me and let me know.

I am glad to see that this wasn't actually an issue.

Thanks

Lon

Comment

Working...
          X