How to show the lowest shipping cost in shopping cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to show the lowest shipping cost in shopping cart

When customer calculates shipping cost in the shopping cart, cart shows dropdown list and the flat rate cost of $7.5.
    A lot of customers abandon cart at this point, without opening the list where shipping costs might be $3-$4.
    Is it possible to show the lowest availiable shipping cost, or at lease show all availiable options?
    I am losing a lot of business because of this issue.

Go to Settings/Shipping/Shipping Settings and at the bottom you can change the sort order.

Also I believe there was a discussion and/or solution to show all shipping options. If I find it, I will post it here.

Comment

Barry, thank you for answer.
      The USPS quote has is #1 in Settings/Shipping/Shipping Settings, but cart shows custom method first, and there is no way to change the sorting order for custom methods.
      (I have custom method to limit shipping cost to max $7.50).
      I was able to show all shipping options on the checkout page, but same solution does not work on the view cart page.
      this is very odd that shopping cart shows sometimes the most expensive method.

Comment

I found this in the forums. Not sure if it works, but it is worth a try!
        Q:I noticed that when UPS and USPS are displayed, UPS is defaulted and the rate is already displayed, but the customer has to click "Display Rate" for USPS.
        A:I think the methods show in the order you enter them in admin so if UPS is first delete and ad it below USPS may fix it.
        Last edited by Barry; 08-20-2011, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
          ... Also I believe there was a discussion and/or solution to show all shipping options. If I find it, I will post it here.
          Yep, this was a happy day when I was able to make this change. You can find the answer in GonzaloGil's post which is the third one down in this thread:

http://forums.3dcart.com/store-desig...-checkout.html

At least this way, ALL methods display along with their pricing so that customers can make an educated choice and you don't have to worry that they aren't seeing all their options.

Comment

Yep, thats the one! Thanks for posting the link to that discussion Piaf.

Comment

Thanks, guys, but this is not exactly whaat I need.
              Customer can run shipping qoute from 2 places:the cartitself or during checkout process.
              I updated the code on the checkout page and customer can see all options at once.
              Now I need to fix it in the shipping cart, not on the checkout page

Comment

i would like to see this as well. please help. im losing a ton of sales from people who think there is only one ups (expensive) shipping rate.

Comment

You can always change the sort order of your shipping choices so that USPS displays first and then UPS. We have a lot of lightweight items, so we display the USPS first and that way the First Class option (the cheapest) always shows up in the drop down box first on the View Cart page.

Comment

thats a good suggestion however we sell a lot of heavier where ups is cheaper so if we default to usps to show first they will see a more expensive rate possibly without realizing that there is ups options (talking about view cart) not step 2 or whateve it is in the shopping cart where they can see all.

Comment

Can it be programmed to order from least expensive to most expensive?

I'd like to order shipping option in order of cost, and preselect the cheapest option so customers don't need to change it. Can this be done?

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                        I'd like to order shipping option in order of cost, and preselect the cheapest option so customers don't need to change it. Can this be done?
                        There are several suggestions on this same thread and links to another thread about how to achieve a compromise.
                        Elegant Weddings +
                        www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                        www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

I tried looking for this in many threads, but couldn't find solution. I was able to get USPS prices to display first by changing the sort order, but UPS (more expensive) is still selected as default. How can I change this so that cheapest shipping method is selected by default? I tried many of the shipping settings, but they didn't work. - Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X