Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Google feed description

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GDCity
    replied
    Hi,

    Thank you all for your replies. I recently came to the same conclusion about word and
    was thinking of playing around with the description as you have stated.

    As far as the Google feed I had the same issues with the date. The feed seems
    to be fine after making the corrections but the description was coming out wrong.


    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • cekman
    replied
    I've read a number of forum posts where people have trouble with Google feeds. I have used it for years and never have problems.

    I just generate the feed and then manually upload it to Google Products.

    The only 'trouble' I had was when I decided I wanted to append some info to my titles.

    I imported the file to Excel and made my changes there - all was fine except that Excel reformatted the date incorrectly.

    I simply had to set the date format to what Google wanted and then SAVE AS .txt (or .csv or whatever it is).

    All worked perfectly.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mark
    replied
    Agreed.
    Use a text editor instead and do not use MS html.
    Try something like CoffeeCup instead.

    Leave a comment:


  • piaf
    replied
    Do a test and enter a product description without putting it into Word first. Word does horrible things to data if you are copy and pasting its "version" of HTML.

    Just enter a plain text description straight into the description field on the product and save it. Then shut down your browser and clear out the cache on your browser and your store. Then try running the Google feed again and see if that one product turns out ok in the feed.

    Leave a comment:


  • GDCity
    replied
    Any suggestions?

    Leave a comment:


  • GDCity
    started a topic Problem with Google feed description

    Problem with Google feed description

    Hi,

    I have set up a website and launched it to run some tests before adding all my merchandise.

    One of the issues I have is that when submitting the products to Google the title shows fine but here is what I get under the title:

    " Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:""Table Normal""; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0 ...

    If I can get some help on this issue it would be great.
    I do my description on word then paste it.

    I have spent hours trying to figure out the Google feed and this seems to be one last issue I need to resolve.

    Thanks
Working...
X