Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with MAKE & OFFER... What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with MAKE & OFFER... What to do?

Ok, The Make an Offer component works well but here is my problem.

$500 product. Make an offer price is $440 but we also have a 10% off coupon on the item which would have made it $450 without the make an offer.

So we accepted the price of $440 but then the site also allowed the 10% to be used bringing the product down to under $400 and below my cost.

How can we prevent coupons from being used after we agree to a make an offer price?

Originally posted by tmilone103 View Post
    Ok, The Make an Offer component works well but here is my problem.

$500 product. Make an offer price is $440 but we also have a 10% off coupon on the item which would have made it $450 without the make an offer.

So we accepted the price of $440 but then the site also allowed the 10% to be used bringing the product down to under $400 and below my cost.

How can we prevent coupons from being used after we agree to a make an offer price?
    Is this happening in your store (Did you test this actual scenario?) We did implement code to prevent items that are added via groupdeal, dailydeal, make an offer, from getting promotions applied...so if this issue exists on your account, please do submit a ticket so we can have someone take a look.
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
      Is this happening in your store (Did you test this actual scenario?) We did implement code to prevent items that are added via groupdeal, dailydeal, make an offer, from getting promotions applied...so if this issue exists on your account, please do submit a ticket so we can have someone take a look.
      Yes, I had to contact a customer and tell him nice try but he can only get one offer (Coupon or Make an Offer price) The cart accepted and calculated both. There were some other items on the order if that makes a difference but the other items did not qualify for a coupon.

Comment

Hi tmionline103,

Support should be able to delve deeper into the issue for you. However, just off the top of my head, check to see if the promotion in this case was set up to use the "Excluded Items: Qty Discount & On Sale" option.

It's an often overlooked setting in the promotion manager, so I thought I'd mention it just in case.

To see the setting I'm referring to, go to your promotion manager and edit the promotion in question. Then, click on the first "Advanced" button listed within the "Promotion Rules" section. The setting I'm referring to is just above the "Applies if Products from these Categories are in the basket:" portion.

Again, support should be able to fully investigate this for you, but maybe the setting I mention here will help.

Comment

You are correct. I did not have that option set to exclude sale items. So the Make an Offer is considered a sale priced item and this would exclude it going forward?

Comment

Working...
          X