Change the way shipping options are displayed during checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change the way shipping options are displayed during checkout

Right now as it stands customers can only see one shipping option unless they click on the tiny drop down carrot, many customers do not notice this and on my site they are by default shown ups ground which in many cases is the most expensive shipping rate i offer for smaller items, is there a way to make all options shown without that little carrot and if the answer is no how i can change it to default to another method?

help would be greatly appreciated. I know for a fact a lot of people are bailing on checkout because of this. They add a pocket knife to their cart for $6.95 and see $12 shipping when in fact i have a $3.08 first class mail option.

See a workaround here:
    http://forums.3dcart.com/store-desig...-checkout.html

Look for GonzaloGil's answer:

GonzaloGil http://forums.3dcart.com/images/stat...er_offline.gif

http://forums.3dcart.com/images/icons/icon1.gif
    UPS does not like showing their rates along side of any other competitors, so they asked that this be implemented and this is going to be the way it always displays on the default installations.

Now, should you edit the checkout template and change:

Code:
    <div name="divShipping[OPTION-SHIPPER]" id="divShipping[OPTION-SHIPPER]" class="ship" style="display:none;">

to

Code:
    <div name="divShipping[OPTION-SHIPPER]" id="divShipping[OPTION-SHIPPER]" class="ship" style="display:block;">

That should do it.....
    800-828-6650 x111
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

We created a custom shipping method for small items, which appears before any other calculated shipping options such as UPS, FEDEX etc.
      Elegant Weddings +

Comment

i found that post by gonzalo but cant find that snippet of code. not sure what page i have to edit i use multi page checkout have done control f on just about every checkout page template and still cant find it.

Comment

Originally posted by hanzoswords View Post
          i found that post by gonzalo but cant find that snippet of code. not sure what page i have to edit i use multi page checkout have done control f on just about every checkout page template and still cant find it.
          We have OnePage Checkout : checkout-singlepage.html
          Not sure for the multipage, has to be one of the : checkout-stepX.html
          Elegant Weddings +

Comment

On the multipage checkout, you have to modify checkout-step2.html with GonzaloGil's code as referenced above.

Comment

Working...
            X