International Shipping Quote on View Cart Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Shipping Quote on View Cart Page

Has anyone tried getting the international shipping quote to display on the view cart page?

I know on the checkout page if you fill out just the county, state, and zip it will display the rates. Has anyone tried copying those fields and code to the view cart page to see if it would work?

Just don't want to try it, if someone knows it won't work.

Hi there,

I'm not sure if there's a "DiY" type of work around for this. However, I do know that we have an add-on that will allow international shipping calculation on the view cart page.

If you're interested, give our sales team a call and they can get you information on it.

Comment

Is there a particular name for it? called and they said I would have to code it myself, and I also don't see any plugin for it.

Thanks

Comment

I too wish we could have the shipping quote to work for international customers.

Interestingly, in the view cart template, there are lines of code that reference "international shipping quotes", but I have not been able to get this to work from day one! I have been "fooling around" and studying the code to see if I could find the "trigger" but have had no luck.

At this point, I have to assume this code is in the templates and can only be activated by 3DCart (for a fee, as 3DCartHenry pointed out!). Or maybe this is "left over" code" from days gone by!

Comment

I broke down and approved the $200 to get the module installed. Its a high price to pay for something that should be included for free but my customers are demanding it and many have told me they would not buy from me because they felt they should not have to put all their information down to get a simple shipping quote.

Comment

Originally posted by tmilone103 View Post
            I broke down and approved the $200 to get the module installed. Its a high price to pay for something that should be included for free
            I agree. I too think this is rather "expensive" for a feature that seems like it should be standard (or at least optional). But a good part of our business is international and I too may have to break down and pay the fee!

tmilone - I am sure that you will reap the benefits in increased sales beyond the $200 (at least I hope so!).

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
              I agree. I too think this is rather "expensive" for a feature that seems like it should be standard (or at least optional). But a good part of our business is international and I too may have to break down and pay the fee!

tmilone - I am sure that you will reap the benefits in increased sales beyond the $200 (at least I hope so!).
              I would bet we will have more sales because many people have told us that they were turned off by having to enter all their information just to get a price quote.

Received this email just today from a customer who I emailed after seeing an abandoned cart with just the email address.

"the reason that i left the check out is simple we can't know the shipping cost with out clicking on the CHECKOUT FORM it's very important to me to know that, before bought any article"

So hopefully my customers will have a better shopping experience now. Will let you know how it goes after the install of the new module.

Comment

Where did you find this module, we'd like it too and I can't find it anywhere
                (¯`v´¯)
                `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
                (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
                * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
                www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
                www.Trailer-Wheels.com
                www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

Working...
                X