Need help with color and font

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with color and font

HI, I need to know Exactlly which code to edit for the "Availability" text. I want the "IN STOCK" to be green and bigger, and I want the "OUT OF STOCK" to be red and bigger. Support was no help, and I think this is a pretty easy thing. I couldnt find the CSS for it. HHHEEEELLLPPPP! Thanks in advance!

Not 100% sure (we don't use inventory) but I looked at another 3Dcart website using Firefox with FireFly and it appears that the IN STOCK and OUT OF STOCK phrases are controlled by the "price" section of the CSS. This also controls the price that is shown for the product (ie: $2.95). So that will not help what you want!

You may have to edit the listing template with HTML. Better yet, create a new listing template (based on the stock one) and make the changes there.

Comment

I'll have a look, but I think I've tried that. There must be an easy way to do this

Comment

Kevster,
        I think I found your answer! Go to Settings/Design/Store Language and scroll down til you find the "product" section. You will see both "Availability-Instock" and "Availability-Outofstock" fields. You should be able to use HTML code in the boxes. I have done it in many other boxes with great results!

Example: For "I want the "IN STOCK" to be green and bigger" ...
        In the box you could do this:
        Code:
        <font color=green><big>In Stock</font></big>
        Assuming you know HTML, there are also ways to get the exact size and color, but you get the idea! Hope this helps.
        Last edited by Barry; 08-28-2011, 10:51 PM.

Comment

You have to change the line in the store language and on the template(s).

In "Settings>Design>Store Language"
          You control the color and wording. The size is not controlled from here.

Availability-Instock: <strong><font color="blue"></font>[stock] In Stock</strong>

Availability-Outofstock: <FONT COLOR="#F21D05"><strong>Out of Stock</strong></font>

In "Settings>Design>Template Editor"
          Template: category_0.html (You may need to change the other category templates. I didn't have to.) This will change the items on the category page only. It will not change them on the item page.

Look for: <td class="item"><b>[product_Header-availability]</b><span class="price">[stock] In Stock</span></td>

Change to: <td class="item"><b>[product_Header-availability]</b><span class="price"><font size="25">[stock] In Stock</font></span></td>

Use whatever number you want. 25 is pretty big but you get the idea.
          Enjoy!
          David
          David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Here's a web site for you to learn some html if you need it.

W3Schools Online Web Tutorials
            David
            David's Gifts and Things

Comment

Thanks for that link David. It's going to be a world of help to a html novice like me

Comment

The secret is to copy the template into Notepad or WordPad before you make changes so you always have a copy of the original to put back in. It gets us all out of trouble at one time or another.
                David
                David's Gifts and Things

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks Barry and David. That is what I was looking for. This forum is great I must say. :D

Comment

We have our moments. Ha Ha.
                    David
                    David's Gifts and Things

Comment

Easier Way

Instead of jumping through hoops to get the styles you want, why not create them? You can add styles to your stylesheet and replace the class given to the section you want.

EX: to add to the stylesheet
                      .instock {
                      font-size:14px;
                      color:#090;
                      }
                      .nostock {
                      font-size:14px;
                      color:ff0;
                      }
                      Then, in your template you apply these within your tag:

Availability-Instock: <strong class="instock">[stock] In Stock</strong>

Availability-Outofstock: <strong class="nostock">Out of Stock</strong>

Comment

Working...
                      X